tuscl

Tucson 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
TUCSON -- Police say four people have been shot after gunfire erupted in the parking lot of a Tucson strip club.

Tucson police Sgt. Chris Widmer says an officer who was near Ten's Showclub on Speedway Boulevard heard gunfire just before 1 a.m. Saturday and rushed to the scene. The officer found lots of people in the parking lot and vehicles rushing to leave.

After the lot cleared out four men were found with gunshot wounds. Widmer says one man was hit in the head and has life-threatening injuries but the other men have non-serious wounds. All were taken to local hospitals for treatment.

Widmer says there apparently was an exchange of gunfire between at least two people.

Detectives interviewed about a dozen people but have not made any arrests.

8 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    And the Beat goes ON!
  • azdd
    12 years ago
    It seems to me that this club has had more shooting incidents than any other Tucson club. Not sure why, it's on a major street in the middle of town. It's not a dive club like some others in much worse neighborhoods. I guess it just attracts the wackos, especially around closing time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… It seems to me that this club has had more shooting incidents than any other Tucson club. Not sure why …”

Maybe they are fighting over the Tens :)
  • azdd
    12 years ago
    One of the four people shot has died. That will ramp up the negative attention for sure.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shadow shadow shadow !!!!!
  • azdd
    12 years ago
    Another shooting occurred at this same club early Sunday morning. Neighbors are scared and complaining, city councilman wants the place closed. I haven't been there in several years, but I have some very nice memories there, and it's a nice facility. Too bad they are attracting these assholes. It's probably now just a matter of time before the city petitions to get their liquor license revoked, and that will be the end of Ten's Showclub in Tucson.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    There are a lot of regular clubs around the nation dealing with thug shit too. This isn't just a strip club phenomenon.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    TUCSON - A strip club is attracting criticism after police investigated 2 separate shootings all within 8 days.

Around 2 a.m. Sunday, a 32-year-old man was shot in the parking lot of Ten's Showclub. Detectives think it might be gang related.

On December 22nd, 4 people were shot. One of them died.

Ryan Hollinger has lived in an apartment complex behind Ten's for 4 years. Her mother and 2 kids also live there.

"We basically would like it to go away," Hollinger said. "It's just getting out of control."

Tucson City Councilman Steve Kozachik wants the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control to consider pulling their license.

"It seems to me that having multiple shootings on one site is probably probable cause enough for the state liquor board to get aggressive on dealing with this thing," Kozachik said.

He said the City Council cannot do anything, but he wants the liquor board to hold a hearing in Tucson, not Phoenix.

"I want them to hold their hearings down here," Kozachik said. "I want them to face the same neighbors that I face when this kind of crap keeps happening."

Jeff McClelland spoke for Ten's Showclub. His lawyer, Thomas Aguilera was with him during an interview.

"Inside the club, it's safe," McClelland said. "Outside, when people can get to their cars, it's a little bit harder to help control situations with cars."

The bar does not allow weapons. They check identification and search customers at the door, according to McLelland.

Aguilera said there is no legal reason the liquor board can remove their license.

"If you could get to the root of gun violence, that's the real hard part," Aguilera said. "It's easy to take a look at Ten's and say, ‘Aha, let's shut Ten's down.'"

Most Tucson area strip clubs have had shootings in their parking lots. Aguilera said he does not know why.

"Those are questions that sociologists probably need to grapple with," Aguilera said. "It's above my pay grade."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion