tuscl

Another Darwin Award nomination

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:30 PM
NEW ALBANY, IN (WDRB) -- One man remains hospitalized and two other women suffered broken bones after being run over by a pickup truck in the parking lot of an Indiana strip club. Authorities have arrested 29-year old John J. Arnold and charged him with attempted murder and three counts of criminal recklessness causing serious bodily injury. Court records show police responded to the Rustic Frog Gentlemen's Club on December 8th to an injury accident. When the officer arrived, a witness told police Arnold became upset after being told to leave by a bar employee. The probable cause affidavit states Arnold told the employee "I'm going to get in my truck and ----ing kill you." Moments later, court records show Arnold drove his truck toward the building running over three people - one man and two women. Gregory Robards is still hospitalized and was among those injured. His leg was crushed below the knee. He told WDRB News in an email that he's in a lot of pain but thinks he was run over "by accident." "I don't recall getting hit by the truck," Robards wrote. "I guess I'm doing ok, for making the transition from walking to not being able to use my right leg." No one answered the door at Arnold's Indiana home. His neighbors told WDRB News that he is friendly, but they've had limited interaction with him. "That's surprising, that it would happen (to someone) next door," said Tim Pierson, a neighbor. Arnold had his initial appearance in court on Wednesday. He remains in the Floyd County jail on a 15-day hold for probation violation. He will later have a $500,000 bond, jail officials said. mong those injured. His leg was crushed below the knee. He told WDRB News in an email that he's in a lot of pain but thinks he was run over "by accident." "I don't recall getting hit by the truck," Robards wrote. "I guess I'm doing ok, for making the transition from walking to not being able to use my right leg." No one answered the door at Arnold's Indiana home. His neighbors told WDRB News that he is friendly, but they've had limited interaction with him. "That's surprising, that it would happen (to someone) next door," said Tim Pierson, a neighbor. Arnold had his initial appearance in court on Wednesday. He remains in the Floyd County jail on a 15-day hold for probation violation. He will later have a $500,000 bond, jail officials said.

3 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Curious as to whether intoxication was involved.
  • Longneck
    12 years ago
    Rustic Frog is a dump. It's literally two double wides joined together.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Fuck my ass softly shadow
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion