tuscl

El Paso man shot outside strip club Sunday morning

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, November 4, 2012 7:35 PM
A 35-year-old El Paso man was shot multiple times outside a Central El Paso strip club early Sunday morning, police report. Police responded to a shots-fired call at about 1:30 a.m. at the Golden Nugget parking lot, 5711 Trowbridge. Based on a preliminary investigation, police believe that an altercation happened between the victim, whose name was not released, and others outside in the parking lot. As a result, the victim was shot multiple times. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment and is described as being in serious but stable condition. There have not been any arrests made and the investigation, which includes the Police Department's Gang Unit, continues.

12 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Hey Shadow, I hope the young lady who posted recently about finding a “safe” SC does not read all your 2:00 a.m. posts :) [view link]
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    As long as somebody reads them, I will keep posting them as a public service.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I always read them – keep posting
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    SC, thanks for the post. This one hits close to home but the Golden Nugget is not listed on TUSCL. Probably a local dive getto club? And I read all your 2AM reports too.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Corvus - I did a Google search. That address is listed as the Doll House. Was that a club that closed down?
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    SC, not familiar with either the Golden Nugget or the Doll House. I seldom get to that part of town. Not the roughest nor the best area. But certainly not an area I visit after dark.
  • TABB
    12 years ago
    Golden nugget sounds familiar im pretty sure its a dive bar but i could be wrong
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Out in the West Texas town of El Paso I fell in love with a Mexican girl. Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina; Music would play and Felina would whirl. Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina, Wicked and evil while casting a spell. My love was deep for this Mexican maiden; I was in love but in vain, I could tell. One night a wild young cowboy came in, Wild as the West Texas wind. Dashing and daring, A drink he was sharing With wicked Felina, The girl that I loved. So in anger I Challenged his right for the love of this maiden. Down went his hand for the gun that he wore. My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat; The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    shadow love the 2am'er's. keep posting thme
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Shadowcat: I love reading your 2am'ers. It reminds me of just how dangerous it is to have problems in a club, and to be aware of your situation, and to get the hell out of Dodge (in this case El Paso) before 2am.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I can solve this El Paso problem by moving the town to the Canadian border
  • girlmoneys
    12 years ago
    I was in El Paso a few weeks ago. Golden Nugget and Doll House are in the same building. I stopped in on my walk from hotel to Cabaret. I went in both. They have stages, and girls, but nobody was dancing. I got the impression they were all hookers, but they only spoke spanish and I don't and they were old and worn out as well. Glad I missed the shoot out. Would have been a great big hassle- to quote Steve Miller Band
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion