tuscl

Chacago 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A man was critically wounded this morning in a shooting outside a Far South Side strip club, authorities said.

The shooting happened in the parking lot outside The Factory gentlemen's club in the 12000 block of South Doty Road, Chicago police said, citing early reports.

The victim, described as a man in his 20s, was standing with friends in the parking lot outside the club just after 2 a.m., when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim multiple times in the groin, police said.

No one else was struck by the shots, authorities said.

The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in critical condition, said Officer Hector Alfaro, a police spokesman.

Police remained at the scene gathering details from witnesses.

The gunman had not been arrested, authorities said.

Even before its 2009 opening, area residents and at least one local alderman fought against the large club featuring female performers, saying it set a poor example for teens and attract a rowdy crowd.

In March, one club patron was accused of biting and kicking a police sergeant who was arresting his friend, according to published reports.

A representative with the club couldn't be reached for comment this morning.

2 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    Jesus Christ! I saw this 2AM story on the internet and I thought I would beat shadowcat by posting it. I should have realized I'm out of my league.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I don't believe it. Guns are illegal in Chicago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion