tuscl

Strip clubs in ATL.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:28 AM
I'll be in Atlanta for the first time on business from 6/7-6/11 and am wondering if there's any clubs within walking distance of my hotel (the Omni Hotel @ CNN Center). By walking distance, I mean up to 10 blocks or so. Or would it be a bad idea to go out walking alone at night in downtown Atlanta? Any feedback from my fellow tuscl brothers will be appreciated!!

12 comments

• beckylovesean
    12 years ago
    You probably should check out this site's mapping function. See a map to all Atlanta clubs here: [view link] Looks like Goosebumps & Magic City are reasonably close... although I've never been clubbing in the ATL, so I can't speak to either club or the safety of walking around at night. Maybe you want to think about cabbing?
  • bigal838
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the response. I found out about the map feature after I posted that. D'OH!! lol Yeah, you're right about taking a cab. I just hate to shell out what could end up being $50-$60.00 bucks just to get to a club and back. I'm going on this trip on a little bait of a " shoestring budget ".
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    The only decent club in the downtown area is Cheetah. And it is for eye candy only. See my article on Atlanta clubs. Then read the reviews for Follies. Then spend the bucks for a taxi or ren ta car and go to Follies.
  • bigal838
    12 years ago
    Thanks, Shadowcat!!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    big, You can't go wrong if you follow the cat! :)
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Shadowcat has a finely tuned sense of the best !!
  • dawgman
    12 years ago
    Big I have to agree shadowcat and say rent a car or take a cab and go to follies if you can I would guess a one way cab ride would be around $30-35 so a car is ur better bet. Worst case magic city( never been and no desire for me) and cheetah are real close to the marta stations and you can cab it back if it's late. Regardless I wouldn't suggest walking to either of those places late at night( ESP goosebumps and magic city) the main streets are fine but downtown at night is pretty deserted and parts of it are sketch. Hope you have fun! Hope you have fun!
  • bigal838
    12 years ago
    Thanks, dawgman!!
  • 10inches
    12 years ago
    no way in hell would I walk around downtown ATL after dark. too many panhandlers, homeless, druggies and plain out robbers. you will quickly lose your wallet, cell phone and any other goodies the bros want!!!
  • bigal838
    12 years ago
    Yeah, I'm sure you're right, 10inches.
  • bigal838
    12 years ago
    OK, right now, because of the help I've gotten from my strip club brothers, I've decided that if I go to ANY clubs in ATL it's going to be " Follies " !! Hope it meets my expectations!! lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Rent a car from Enterprise and rent the cheapest sub-sub-sub compact you can find. Enterprise will pick you up at your hotel and drive you back when you turn in your car and they are usually among the cheapest (there are also some Budget car rentals that will pick you up). Also, renting from a non-airport location (neighborhood location) is often much much cheaper. BTW, Goosebumps & Magic City are listed as black clubs in TUSCL – if you don’t care for black dancers and possible high thug factor, these may not be worth venturing into. I was in ATL last year and know for a fact Magic City is a black club b/c I went there – and I think I may have been to Goosebumps also, but can’t remember – I didn’t like either one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion