tuscl

John's Hot Spot 1/1 Reviews... new marketing campaign?

stripclubspy
Michigan
I noticed that 4 of the last 8 reviews of John's Hot Spot in Belleville, Mi (near Detroit) where 1/1 reviews, and I started to wonder if the management had embarked on a new marketing blitz. The four reviews in question all seem to be written by experienced SC patrons... but why would such a person choose to review J's HS first above all the establishments in the Detroit area? Seemed odd to me.

The latest 1/1 review https://www.tuscl.net/rev.php?M=C&RID=14… basically slams the club for being a dump and selling overpriced beers, but emphasizes that FS can be had for $80 and says "Seriously, this place will be shut down in no time, so go now if you're into that kind of thing." Carefully disguised shill review???

This 1/1 review https://www.tuscl.net/rev.php?M=C&RID=14… starts with "I'm always surprised this place is not more crowded on Thursdays" ($10 dance day) and ends with "Good bang for the buck".

Third 1/1 review is short and sweet: "Went on a Thursday - half price dances, and a surprising level of talent given that it was only 1 PM. Walked in, paid up, spotted a girl I liked on stage, and made myself known with a few tips . When she was done it was off to the races... She was cute, blonde, nice body but with some stretch marks. We headed to VIP and I was loving it. Hands wandered wherever I wanted. They have since put in stalls in the VIP to make it more private - which is good. Good mileage, got out for around $100 total including cover, wristband, drinks and fun." "some stretch marks" is a nice touch of reality, making it more believable???

Fourth 1/1 review also gets in some digs, but leaves an impression of what can be had: "A Couple of my buddies ended up visiting this club for my bachelor party. The drinks where a bit pricy - but the girls where nice. I'd recommend if you are looking to have fun and don't want to drive a long distance. I was not looking for anything special - so I was happy when I left. One of my buddies ended up spending about 200 bucks - and lets just say he left with a smile on his face. Not for everyone - but if your looking for semi-decent looking women and and a nice break from day to day crap this is a decent place to go." BTW, Thursday afternoon is kind of an odd time for a bachelor party, don't you think?

So, am I just paranoid, or does something seem fishy about all this???

11 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    I'd say there was a smell of fish about! LOL

I believe the Heyday of this establishment happened under another moniker years ago. I think it was called Leggs & had an infamous basement VIP area.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Leggs was a legendary club under the former owner, the man who put Wayne County on the map as one of the best counties for strip clubs in the USA, bar none. RIP, my man. I used to go to Leggs, I never made it downstairs, but so be it. As far as the reviews, if it smells like a fish and bites like one, it most likely is a fish.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Hamilton, who is probably getting a BJ in Hell right now is probably laughing and telling the son of his that is running the place, KEEP WRITING THAT SHIT, SON !!! ANY PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY !!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I used to go to Leggs, I never made it downstairs, but so be it"

Gee Vince, I'd have thought that you had been down there! LMAO

MY only visit happened after the peak of the club's Heyday & the basement was closed at that point as I recall.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I'm always leary of 1/1 reviews but I did read a couple of others. Otto22 & Emmita_Nights, who are known posters on this forum, seem to indicate that good things are on the menu.
  • stripclubspy
    12 years ago
    No question, shadowcat, that extras are available. I was not suggesting that the fake reviews over-promised, just that they were not written by independent sources!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I trust Emmita_Nights' opinions. Who knows, maybe the Club is having a renaissance.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    If this was a shill review by club management the last thing they would do is shout out "Hey cops! Shut down my business and arrest me!". Even the dumbest club management must realize that police can and do look at the internet, as do 'concerned citizens'.

So it may be one reviewer who can't remember from one time to the next what his last ID was so he just makes up a new one.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Obviously, the fix is in. Hamilton clubs continue to be good places to go. They never have been fancy. I haven't been to this place in awhile, I'll have to stop in next time I'm heading to the Ypsi area. And yes, Dracula, I would have enjoyed partaking in some of the " activity " in the basement, but I did not know of it until long after it happened. Oh well !!
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I know my review isn't a shill. Don't know about the others. I don't go there regularly. My first visit was around 1990 when it was Leggs. At that time it was kind of a joke. There are so many better options even if all you're after is a quick "service" that I think it caters to people who live in Ann Arbor or farther west who don't want to drive all the way to Inkster. The only other reason to prefer John's over H8 or Bogart's is that it has more privacy.

If anyone has specific questions about the club, I'd be happy to go back for further research.
  • stripclubspy
    12 years ago
    Another 1/1 review was posted recently... the weird thing is that it refers to Tuesday as the $10 dance special night, when the last time I checked it was still Thursday... Bogarts is on Tuesday.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion