tuscl

Boom town girls - Williston ND.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
This video is a trailer for a proposed new reality TV program. It does show shots of the 2 infamous strip clubs there.

http://www.luckydogfilmworks.com/index.h…

2 comments

• farmerart
    13 years ago
    I was in Williston for a couple of days last September trying to do a deal. I had a single drink in one of the strip clubs and the joint was nowhere near as busy as the video suggests.

It was kind of cool seeing all those Canadian companies down there but also frustrating at the same time. I am crying for rigs for my projects and could dearly use that Ensign rig featured in the video. I hope that girl marries her Calfrac sweetie. Calfrac is my fracing contractor and those guys are squeezing blood out of me so their employees must be making a king's ransom.

I saw many safety violations that would not be allowed on Canadian projects. Little kid in the cab of a vac truck? Give me a break! H2S danger is just too high. Any operator caught in Canada allowing that would lose his insurance in a nanosecond and be out of business 2 nanoseconds later. I saw one roughneck who was lucky to be alive the way he was fooling around with the grapplers. I would have him metres away from the platform, greasing and oiling and cleaning until he had a clue or two about grapplers and chains.

I wish that girl welder well but I don't like her chances. Oil patch welding is one tough gig! In my 45+ years in the patch I have not seen a single female welder. As for the girl emptying septic tanks? If she can drive a multi-axle unit and has the air brake certification she can do much better than that (unless that is her OWN truck that she is driving).

Cool vid for an old oil patch guy like me. shadowcat. Thanks!
  • Tiredtraveler
    13 years ago
    What I don't understand is how in Minot the forced the two downtown clubs to get rid of dancers or to move out to Industrial areas of the city. When i was in one off the clubs on a week night it was very busy and had people coming and going all evening. The clubs have now gotten rid of the dancers instead of moving to a permitted location. Both were in shitty locations not allowed signage and had limited parking. I would think with the oil boom they could move, reopen and make more money at a better location.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion