tuscl

IT problem

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:42 AM
Is any one else having a problem connecting to TUSCL? I keep getting a response that internet explorer has quit working and that there is a problem with the web site. I reboot and everything is fine for awhile and then it happens again. I do not get this response trying to connect to any other site. Thanks.

23 comments

• farmerart
    13 years ago
    Nope, shadow; but I use Firefox for my pleasure surfing.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I, too, use Firefox and the only problem I see is that occasionally I'll get a waiting on TUSCL message and it just sits. Other sites still work. I come back later, and all is well.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Shadow, I have a 3.5 year old computer, IE8, up to date norton firewall. All systems go.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    IE sucks. Get FF, Chrome, or Safari. Not a big fan of Opera.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    More wise words from fd.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I use chrome and firefox, i gave up IE long ago. Its junk.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I agree w others. Ditch Internet explorer and use firefox or chrome. It works fine for the majority of sites including tuscl. The only site w some problems is SCL
  • indyrevs
    13 years ago
    I general get poor response times from tuscl. That said, the IE sucks comments are your easiest solution.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    FireFox has turned into the bloatware it used to complain about IE being. Safari is decent. Use Chrome if you want Google to know even more about you than they already do. IE 9 has turned out to be surprisingly stable and secure, as long as you don't use the default settings where every script runs and every cookie saves. But to answer your actual question, I have. It seen the behavior you describe happen on Mobile Safari, FireFox running on WinXP, or IE 9 on Windows 7.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    I had the same problem. Did a scan (Webroot- I swear by it) found a problem neautralized it and no problem since. Sign-on time is a little slow, but within acceptable toleraces
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    No, I run IE, haven't had any problems other than the lag time on comment posting.
  • Shekitout
    13 years ago
    Have not had any problems using Windows 7 with IE9. Are you using Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot, Superantispyware, Malware Antimalware Bytes to scan computer for virus, bugs, etc?
  • Shekitout
    13 years ago
    Have not had any problems using Windows 7 with IE9. Are you using Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot, Superantispyware, Malware Antimalware Bytes to scan computer for virus, bugs, etc?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    From the comments it is clear that TUSCL is not the problem. I now suspect that it has something to do with the settings on my PC. I am no geek, so I will have to wait for my computer guru(son)to find time to come down and fix it. Thanks.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Get Kaspersky! Also, try clearing your cookies and cache. If that doesn't fix the problem on IE, it's just that IE sucks, and you should try a new browser before spending money on a computer guru :D It might be that TUSCL itself fails at response times. Founder should make this an actual message board. This format is so basic it might not be a browser (though IE blows) but TUSCL's primitive set-up. Did I mention Firefox was awesome? :O
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    typo -- should be IE problem ;-)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    With all this IT talk, can someone answer a simple question? Why do companies (pretty much all involved in IT) have to take a perfectly fine WORKING product and figure they HAVE to f#$% with it?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Job security!
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    And why does facebook have to change their layout every bloodly week?
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    @Dougster: Because it obscures all the "security" work they're doing behind the scenes. Mark Z wants wants FaceBook to be like Google in at least one respect, that of knowing everything you do on the web.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    sc, Could be, but you would think the higher up's would see a profit (oh that bad word!) motive to not change something working well. No change, you sure wouldn't need the "changers" on a payroll.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Problem solved. I got with my ISP (AT&T) today. It was simply a matter of resetting IE. BTW. I didn't get a tech in India. She was a sweet sounding American.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    "BTW. I didn't get a tech in India. She was a sweet sounding American" Was she a sweetheart with a Southern accent? I love that accent. Second would be Eastern European and next would be....oh yeah, we covered that already in a thread a few months ago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion