tuscl

Update on Follies Atlanta

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, October 2, 2011 5:19 PM
I just spent a very successful after noon there today. My favorite informed me that the club is having a meeting tomorrow with the dancers. The subject will be raising the VIP charges. Currently the charge is $42 to the house and $100 to the dancer for 30 minutes. Of the $100, $15 of it goes to the club. I know that some dancers are already charging more that $100 but they are in the minority. My favorite will argue that keeping it at $100 will keep the VIP rooms busy and that if a dancer is doing a good job she will make tips that more than cover that $15 to the club. I like her thinking. She knows that repeat customers are her bread and butter. The dancers wanting the raise are the ones not getting the tips because they are not delivering good service. I know that regardless of the outcome my prices will remain the same. The house has no way of knowing exactually how much the dancers are charging. It is the newbies that will get the shaft. On a side note. I got marked by my favorite today. Just before we went to VIP she brought over her room mate and announced. This is my dick (giving it a little squeez) If I am not here, you and only you are to take care of it. Do I hear 3 some? LOL

15 comments

• fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    It's absolute BS how much money clubs take from the girls. If there were no topless/naked women, there would be no money for the bar. /endrant
  • johnnymapalo
    13 years ago
    It does seem like the clubs do bleed the girls. They charge like $10 and up to get in, some charge for parking, they make money off drinks and the vip rooms and still want the dancers to give them more. That means the girls have to work extra to make their own take home money. Kind of reminds me of working for a taxi company. They charge you so much per day that you have to run around like a loose cannon just to make some money for yourself. Strip clubs need to let the dancers keep all the money that they make from customers. No more money for the deejays or clubs out of the dancers pockets. Dancers are the reason there is a club in the 1st place. Without dancers there is no strip club..
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Thanks, Johnny. :) Here in Indy, PT's and Rick's Cabaret (formerly Brad's Gold Club) are "contract clubs," meaning if they employ you, you work at your own leisure. If you want to work 15 minutes or three hours and leave, cool. You do not tip out waitresses or DJs; you merely pay a house fee. It's a little high, but worth it, I suppose. The shift clubs are the ones that rape your money.
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    I am always amazed at the different schemes clubs have to screw over the dancers for a few bucks. House fees, tip outs, dance fees. It goes on and on. At my favorite club the girls have to sell 10 drinks per shift or pay for them themselves. Some clubs fine for all kinds of bullshit infractions. On a slow day it must really suck to pay to come to work.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    From talking with a couple of dancers, every club is different. Unless the dancers get great tips, the clubs keep more money than the dancers do though. I'm tempted to look into what it would take to open a strip club myself, those places rake in the cash hand over fist!
  • canny
    13 years ago
    @rundude, you're right. A dancer told me that a couple of weeks ago she went in on a Monday and it was so slow that she walked out of the club with less than she had when she walked in. That's harsh!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Here in Columbus the average price of 30 minute VIP is $250. $150 to the dancer and $100 to the house. They provide free round of drinks. This means you will be interrupted by a waitress wanting your drink order and she will expect a tip. When I was in Lincoln Park (Detroit suburb) Hustler's club I was quoted $100-125 for 30 minutes by two dancers. I got a happy ending. No waitress interruption.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    Let the Dances have their money. ;) Raise the Alcohol prices by a factor of 4 or 5. That will fatten the Bottom Line, because isn't DRINKING alcohol the "main" reason for being in a Strip Club besides interacting withb Dancers.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I have no problems with drinking water in strip clubs. I was told once that I was required to buy a drink and I told the waitress to charge me for alcohol and bring me another water. I was tipping her for the waters by the way. The owner was funny about customers not buying drinks.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Some Toronto clubs only take $30 from the dancers per shift. BUT, if they leave (OTC) and come back, they have to pay another $30.
  • 10inches
    13 years ago
    can't understand why the girls let the clubs screw them so badly. SC would not exist without the dancers. they should ban together and refuse to work until the bull shit fees stop. who would work at any job that you have to give half of what you make for the "privilege" to work there. if Follies raises the VIP rates then they are killing the "goose that laid the golden egg". club owners just don't have a clue how to treat employees or customers.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    There are always more girls coming in the door to strip. There aren't more strip clubs opening up. The strip club owners can afford to go a week or two without any money coming in, the dancers can't.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    with hard times comes the better chance of extras. It all come down to one thing $$$$$$
  • tochka
    13 years ago
    well at one club they charge dancers $18 bucks to use the lady bathrooms, $15 for dressing room use, $15 for parking. plus tip out. the $$ signs are hand posted on inside of the door as reminder. plus employ a crabby old lady to watch the entrances to keep count. The lady has tracked down my favorites during my LD to make sure they pay up right after LD if they didn't pay going in..
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I agree that strip clubs exploit the dancers. The owners are pimps who aren't satisfied unless the girls give them every dollar. But these girls can't do much about it. Most of them are uneducated and unskilled, and they don't have any good alternatives in the job market. I try to help out dancers as much as I can by seeing them OTC. Then they keep all the money they earn.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion