tuscl

Good Morning Detroiters....

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
BREAKINGS NEWS: Man Killed Outside Local Strip Club

Another Person Also Shot

POSTED: Friday, September 30, 2011

UPDATED: 6:37 am EDT September 30, 2011

DETROIT -- A man was shot to death on Detroit's west side outside Club Venus on the 9500-block of Michigan Ave.
Local 4 has learned the shooting happened just before 2 a.m.
Witnesses on scene said the man was driven away from the scene by some friends who were able to flag down an EMS unit a short distance away.
A second person was also shot and taken to an area hospital.
So far there is no word on the identities of either victim.
Police officers went from room-to-room at the hotel next door questioning anyone who might know more about what happened. They're also checking for surveillance footage from the club.
At this time, there is no information being released on what caused the shooting. No one is in custody.

7 comments

• zef8mich
    13 years ago
    This shooting last month was at the same motel.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/29035…

There's been streetwalker activity around the motel for quite awhile, but supposedly some of the Club Venus dancers use the motel.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yes, these things happen. Any time I've ever been to this place, I keep an eye out for bad things outside. This club is on the border of Detroit and Dearborn in a dead area where anything can happen. Inside at Club Venus, many good things can happen, but be aware of your surroundings outside.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Never been to Club Venus. Now I have even less reason to go.

On a side note, I wonder how many occupants of the motel were scared because the police came a knocking on the door?
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    2 am again.
  • wwpmi
    13 years ago
    wow, this club was next on my list last night but fortunately I finished at H8's farther west on MI ave. I would have been gone before 2 AM anyway.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    I try to avoid neighborhoods like that. But if I decide to go to a Club in a less than nice area, I go in the DAYTIME!!!!!!!!! Not after dark & FUCKING not near closing time!
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Cheetah's on Eight MIle Road has had a number of shootings. Now the bouncers routinely pat down all customers at the door. The crowd is gangsta and the dancers mostly 'hos
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion