tuscl

Expensive hobby....

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

Embezzler with stripper addiction gets 20-year term

By Craig Kapitan
[email protected]

Published 12:45 a.m., Saturday, September 3, 2011

An accountant who embezzled more than $500,000 from a San Antonio medical corporation over a three-year period, spending much of it on strippers, was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison.

Mark Anthony Flores, 35, began the day by admitting to the theft and asking state District Judge Sid Harle to allow a jury to determine his punishment.

Defense attorney Demetrio Duarte asked the jury for probation, describing his client as someone who was “intoxicated” by women who would shower him with attention — as long as he kept buying them expensive gifts. Probation, he argued, would allow Flores to pay back Health Texas Medical Group.

But to pay the money back over a 10-year probation period, Flores would have to come up with more than $4,300 per month, prosecutor Patrick Ballantyne responded. Someone who would take so much money then spend it on such “an incredibly ridiculous lifestyle” deserves a 30-year term, he suggested.

7 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    "embezzled more than $500,000...spending much of it on strippers"

That's a lot of 2-4-1's.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    And a lot of Dancer Drinks! LOL
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    “an incredibly ridiculous lifestyle”

Ridiculous lifestyle my ass! I take it Patrick Ballantyne has never been to Palace Mens club...or any other decent sc for that matter. Either that or he's putting up a serious front.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    $500,000 on lap dances would make the cock sore as hell
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    An accountant? He need to be in the Accounts Hall of Fame.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to spend several thousand dollars at a club instead of just a couple hundred or less.

Wouldn't you agree that there's kind of a ceiling to how much fun you can have by spending more, and after that point you are either just wasting your money or being generous?
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    It would feel like you spent several thousand dollars instead of a few hundred but your cock sure aint any more satisfied
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion