tuscl

Man sues Hustler Club for $28K bar tab

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

Posted: 3:50 PM, August 30, 2011

They apparently don't call it the Hustler Club for nothing.

A Manhattan man says he ended up with a mysterious $28,000 bar tab during a single visit to the Hell's Kitchen hottie-spot.

W.A. Ilg says he went to the mammary mecca this past May 24 - and doesn't remember much of what happened after that.

The club wrongfully served plaintiff excess alcoholic beverages such that plaintiff was no longer capable of conducting financial transactions," Ilg said in papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court.

But that didn't stop transactions from happening. "Thereafter, defendant wrongfully charged $28,109.60 to plaintiff's credit card, a sum far in excess of any reasonable costs for said alcoholic beverages," the suit says.

The suit says those charges are more overinflated than some of the Hustler dancers - but the epidermis emporium has refused his demands to refund the money.

The suit seeks the return of the 28K, plus unspecified punitive damages for the club's "outrageous" conduct.

A rep for the Hustler Club did not return a call for comment.

It's the second such suit to be filed against the W. 51st Street jiggle joint.

Last year, a Delaware man named Gerard Wall says he had a 90 minute gap in his memory and a $21,000 charge on his credit card after having two drinks there. That case is still pending.

Just another dumb ass!

14 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    1) Never use a credit card in a club.

2) Hope and pray that a jury sides with you.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    Fuck that! These assholes better lose! Those tabs *are* outrageous! But if they win, every fucking legislator and thus bar in the country will further restrict when, what, and how much we can drink. I hate alcohol laws. Let the drunks pay! Fuck 'em! Shouldn't of signed thier names IMHO. Drunks prob even tipped them 15%!
  • rell
    13 years ago
    hence why i limit myself on the achool i know when i drink i become a bit more liberal with my spending.. i once ran up a $800 tab a club once ...umm i was only making $700 a week at the time so umm yeah i learned to chill on the achool and bring all the money im going to spend
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    I'd love to know which Bank issued him a CC with a Limit in excess of $28000!
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    The case precedent is the tab gets paid.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I've never run up a tab of more than $450!

My question is, how did he get home? If he drank that much and he drove home the club is liable for serving him too much alcohol.
  • Cheo_D
    13 years ago
    Well, if this doesn't teach him to know his limit with the booze, nothing will...

Like many have said so often before, cash only... but if you must, then take a low-limit card. Heck, take out a limited-use "travel" card just for these purposes.

canny, since he's "a Manhattan man" he most likely took a cab and maybe train home.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    I agree with Shadow 100% And never use a credit card at a sc. Alwasys pay with cash
  • 10inches
    13 years ago
    not only do I not ever use a credit card at a SC, most of the time I leave it at home when I go clubbing to avoid temptation. allot certain amount of cash and when it is gone so am I. also, I would never use the ATM at a SC.
  • rell
    13 years ago
    yeah the atm machine at a strip club those fees can run you up to $15.. ouch
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    I have never opened a tab ever, anywhere.
  • wld4tatas
    13 years ago
    I'm inclined to believe the customer was taken advantage of by Hustler Club. This is the second such lawsuit at this place. IMO A responsible club would clearly inform the customer how their tab was growing along the way, for example "Sir your bill now exceeds $1000" or $5000 etc. Even drunk, one should have the wherewithall to decline amounts considered excessive or outrageous. A responsible club would also limit products or services to an obviously drunk patron.

Since the customer has taken the effort to file a lawsuit, it's hard for me to believe the club acted responsibly with a clear understanding on the part of the customer of the costs being incurred.

It is unfortunate to see these customers being called a "dumb ass", or as in the Daily News article a "stooge", "dunce" and "sucker". They could have been victims. If there was illegal or improper conduct on the part of Hustler Club, I hope the lawsuit uncovers it and awards the customer not only a refund but also substantial punitive damages.

I won't go to clubs that get headlines like this.
  • BigBillPayed
    13 years ago
    I just went to the hustler club in Baltimore MD spent about $400. THe girl showed me around and they had a $8000 a night VIP room that included 2 girls for the entire night. Are prices that jacked up in NYC? If so come down for an Orioles, yankee's game. Never spend more than than you can afford.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    Is there any other type of business where this happens? I mean, before the collapse of the sub-prime mortgage market.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion