tuscl

Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. Agrees To Purchase Controlling Interest In Ad

Rick's Cabaret Subsidiary Also Agrees to Buy Sarie's Lounge Building
HOUSTON - (June 2, 2011) – Subsidiaries ofRick's Cabaret International, Inc. [NASDAQ-GM:RICK],the nation's leading group of upscale gentlemen's clubs, has signed an asset purchase agreement that will give it controlling ownership of an adult nightclub just east of downtown Omaha. A subsidiary of Rick's Cabaret also has agreed to purchase the building where the club is located.

Under terms of the agreed transaction Rick's Cabaret will pay $425,000 in cash to the current owners of Sarie's Lounge at 2449 N. 13th Street in Carter Lake. The current owners of Sarie's Lounge will hold a 40 percent interest in a new subsidiary formed to operate the club. Rick's Cabaret will receive a 10 percent royalty on gross revenues for the use of the Rick's Cabaret name by the new subsidiary and Rick's Cabaret will also be entitled to 60 percent of profits while the minority shareholders will earn the remaining 40 percent.

Under terms of a separate purchase agreement Rick's Cabaret subsidiary RCI Holdings, Inc. has agreed to pay $1,275,000 for the building that houses the current Sarie's Lounge. RCI Holdings will lease the property back to the new owners.

Rick's Cabaret has also agreed to loan the enterprise up to $500,000 to be used for remodeling, capital improvements, advertising, promotion, marketing and other operating expenses, if necessary.

"This acquisition extends our footprint in the Midwest, with a terrific location near the heart of Omaha," said Rick's Cabaret president and CEO Eric Langan. "After renovations have been completed we will rebrand the club as a Rick's Cabaret, bringing our traditionally fine, first-class entertainment experience to this vibrant market."

Closing of the transactions is expected before the end of June, subject to conditions consistent with acquisitions of this type, plus closing on the associated real property purchase.

http://www.ricksinvestor.com/295/pressre…

3 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Rick's is defitely in an expansion mode. In recent months, they have acquired two clubs in Minneapolis and one in Indiana, that I recall. Here in Seattle, there is a former club whose property is up for auction on June 29. Knowing Rick's is expanding, I contacted them directly to see if they knew about the Seattle opportunity. They said they did, but also seemed to indicate they'd look into it. Seattle could certainly uses a major player like Rick's Cabaret International, as a competitor to the current Deja Vu-dominated market here.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    I'm not sure what to think about the corporatization of clubs.

I like the mom-and-pop(???) strip clubs best myself.
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    Omaha needs a Rick's-style club. Sarie's was the best there was in town and it was pretty sorry. They had $40 lappers and a geriatic dancer with basketball-sized boobs. Rick's could clean up in the area, given the closeness to the airport and to downtown. By being located in the tiny town of Carter Lake (a former loop of the Missouri took the Iowa border west a bit where it still stays) it can get the benefit of the town and state's laws. Rick's can make modest changes and remodeling and major changes in culture and dancers and get a big payoff.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion