tuscl

Muslim Actress Reportedly Receives Threats for Playboy Pictorial

Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:12 AM
Sila Sahin, a 25-year-old Turkish German living in Berlin, has been branded a "whore" and a "Western slut" after appearing topless on the cover of the magazine's May 2011 issue, The Sun reports. A Muslim actress has reportedly caused outrage, receiving threats for posing nude in the German edition of Playboy. Sila Sahin, a 25-year-old Turkish German living in Berlin, has been branded a "whore" and a "Western slut" after appearing topless on the cover of the magazine's May 2011 issue, The Sun reports. Sahin's photographs, according to posts on Islamic websites, have shamed "Muslim womanhood" and depict her "prostituting herself for money," the newspaper reports. "She needs to be very careful," one post read, according to the Sun. "She must pay," another read. The Islamic Community of Germany has called for a boycott of Sihan, the star of the German soap "Good Times, Bad Times." Sahin's parents reacted with "horror" to the 12-page pictorial and her mother has since cut off all contact with her, the Sun reports.

7 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    One of the most populated american cities with muslims is Detroit suburb Dearborn. Time magazine did a story a few months ago on the strong influence arabs are having on the city. I have also heard Subi who founded Subi's Place and Landing Strip in the Detroit area is arab. So not all arabs are this zealous and strict with their religion. Good to see Playboy willing to stand up and cause some controversy. This might end up being their best selling issue of the year. I would like to see a spin off niche magazine with arab women similar to how there are niche magazines now for black, asian, hispanic, big breasted, or barely legal women.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I understand it is a very tolerent religion, as long as you do not do anything they do not like.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Subi is a good guy carrying on the family business. His dad started Subi's long ago, and now young Subi is doing well there. He renovated the Landing Strip and is bringing it back to life. Too bad, Muslims mistreat their women subjagating them. They should be happy a woman is successful and in Sihan's case, she is successful and doing what celebrities do.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Oh My! You mean she actally removed her veil?
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    I always see alot of Arabs and Hindus at strip clubs. Hypocritical?
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    I have never seen an Arab or Indian dancer.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    I can count the number of Indian dancers on one hand, the same with Arab dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion