tuscl

Police raid nabs 7 on prostitution charges

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:03 AM
BRIDGEPORT -- Police raided a city strip bar and arrested seven people on prostitution charges. Police said the bartender, bouncer, three female dancers and two male patrons were arrested during the raid Sunday night at Pleasant Moments Cafe on William Street. According to police, state Liquor Control agents were undercover in the cafe when a female dancer, identified as Racquel Allen, approached them and offered to provide oral sex for one of the agents for $60 and $40 for the other agent. Police said the agents left the cafe and gave a signal to waiting members of the Police Department's Tactical Narcotics Team who then raided the cafe. At the back of the cafe, police said, they found two small booths where two dancers were having sexual intercourse with two patrons. Police said they found 50 unopened condoms in the dancers' dressing room. Three dancers, Allen, 20, Carmen Castro, 44, and Benita Garcia, 44, were all charged with prostitution and later released after posting $2,500 bonds. Cafe employees, Octavial Anderson, 24, and Reginald Jackson, 26, were charged with permitting prostitution and released on $2,500 bonds and two patrons, Juan Bordelies, 42, and Fredy Cruz, 21, were charged with patronizing a prostitute and released on $2,500 bonds [view link]

20 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    Skimmed the reviews - rickdugan and harrydave have been there. Anyone else?
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I'm not surprised. With all of the morons posting explicit details of sexual encounters at the club, it was only a matter of time before the place got hit. The Bridgeport, CT clubs always seem to be targets for enforcement and it is almost always the same pattern. First, a preponderance of Internat posts about services received builds up over a year or two. Then the place gets raided. In many cases, the club either stays open or eventually opens back up and, at first, it runs very clean. Then, over time, more and more "stuff" is allowed until the posts start building up again. Rinse and repeat. AND FOR THE RECORD: When I said that I paid $75 and was off to the races, the phrase was generic in nature and did not, nor was intended to, refer to sexual acts of any kind. I am shocked and appalled at the activities referenced in some of the posts on here, as well as what was clearly found during the raid. :)
  • metaldude
    14 years ago
    Rick - Don't worry we all know when you said "$75 and I was off to the races" you meant that's how much you would pay the cab driver to take you to OTB and wait while you placed your wagers.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Rick, put $50 on Seabiscuit to win in the 6th race for me, would ya?
  • ILiveAtStripClubs
    14 years ago
    Your tax dollars at work.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Rick, are you implying that law enforcement might peruse websites like this one for leads? What a farfetched concept! I can't imagine any LEO stooping so low as to do something like that. Are you sure you're nit just a fearmonger who's trying to control what the rest of us write about?
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Indeed ILive. It is amazing to think of the total cost, in salaried man hours, overtime pay and other resources, invested in order to bust 7 people on misdemeanor sex charges. But like I always say, I guess the working girls resist less than violent criminals. And while these heroes were harassing these working girls and a couple of guys getting their knobs polished, drug dealers, pimps and violent felons continue to roam the streets of Bridgeport unmolested. NICE.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    lol gmd - you got me. I have no doubt that this is just another one of those freak coincidences. After all, LE would never read these sites.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i've been saying it since i started posting here at tuscl.... some guys are giving out too much information.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    According to police, state Liquor Control agents were undercover in the cafe when a female dancer, identified as Racquel Allen, approached them and offered to provide oral sex for one of the agents for $60 and $40 for the other agent. --------------------------------------------- ^ and what the fuck's the deal with this? lol i wonder if the 1st agent is pissed that she wanted 20 more from him than the other guy.
  • skibum609
    14 years ago
    The police absolutely read this site as well as scl. Posting what people post makes their job easy.
  • Sig9601
    14 years ago
    Bullshit. Cops know what goes on and mostly don't give a rats ass. Some of the best info on strip clubs I've received from cops. Got pulled over in Flint, Mi a few years back on leave from the Army. Got to BS'ing with the cop a bit (he was former Army) and told him I was heading to the tiity bar to see some T&A after a year in Iraq. He not only told which clubs were the best for 'What you're really looking for", he even warned me about a couple of ripoff dancers. Street cops know and mostly don't care until they are ordered to care (elections coming up, someone with connections got ripped off, jesus freaks nagging the police, etc).
  • Gossage54
    14 years ago
    I had a feeling this was coming. I almost made a trip here Sunday night and am breathing a HUGE sigh of relief I did not! As for the cops reading these sites, they probably do. But I don't think by any means that is what instigates a raid. They already know exactly what goes on at what clubs. And like Slick556 said cops like titty bars as much if not more than the next guy. And it's every few years they get provoked to go in and make a bust. Like Rick said in Bpt this happens like clockwork, Teddies was the perfect example of the cycle. People chattering on all these sites certainly doesn't help but I think Bpt police would come in and drop the hammer on these place every few years regardless. Look at how many other clubs boards (in every city and state) are just as explicit and nothing happens. Look at Harry O's in Stamford. Everyone knows that place is a brothel and nothing ever happens there. This is mainly a Bpt tradition.
  • spandexman
    14 years ago
    Guess they got all the crooked politicians, drugdealers, and other riff-raff, so it it the strippers and masseuses in CT. Have a feeling the strip clubs in Waterbury are next?
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    I would be very surprised if TUSCL has much impact on what clubs are raided or when. Cops live in their communities and have many ways to get info. Whether a place is raided or not has a lot to do with the political environment of the town. Very little to do with web postings.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I don't think anyone, myself included, other than LE has any basis of knowing one way or another how much these postings influence a potential raid and anyone who says otherwise is just speculating. I would also imagine that it varies from one jursidiction to the next. All I know is that every time a club in Bridgeport CT starts to accumulate a certain level of p4p posts on here, it gets raided. This is a fact. Same held true for a former favorite club in Queens (it is no longer there). Now are website comments by themselves going to lead to a raid? Perhaps not, though who knows. But it is dumb to believe that several website postings talking about BJs, FS, HJs, etc, in a particular club are ignored.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    Two guys charged with patronizing a prostitute. Strippers are prostitutes? Looks like itc has its dangers as well. I love the part about the 50 unused condoms in the dressing room - sounds like a hanger deck stacked up with ordinance.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    Eh. Give it a few weeks. Pleasant Moments provides a necessary service for the men in Bridgeport.
  • Sig9601
    14 years ago
    It's just a cycle clubs like this go through. Things get too obvious like the dancer offering a bj to a guy she just met. The club gets raided, and some dancers get hauled off. Then a month or so will go by with everyone following the rules and the regulars will go elsewhere for their fun. Then the regulars will start to trickle back and the dancers will stretch the rules to keep them coming back. Then it will be biz as usual. Then things will get too obvious again.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Are you sure you're nit just a fearmonger who's trying to control what the rest of us write about?" LOL...once again, that's *exactly* what one of our resident noobs is trying to do here. Of course, there's no mention whatsoever of LE getting intel on any CT strip clubs from websites like this one in the above article. Indeed, this bust was just a result of a routine trip by LE for the purposes of liquor control & narcotics, period end of story. ---------------------------- "After all, LE would never read these sites." LOL...of course, once again, NO ONE has ever said that they don't, period. "I don't think anyone, myself included, other than LE has any basis of knowing one way or another how much these postings influence a potential raid and anyone who says otherwise is just speculating." Nice try at backpedaling there noob...lol... "Now are website comments by themselves going to lead to a raid?" Nope, and there's NEVER been ANY evidence of that happening, ever!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion