tuscl

G-Spot - "New"(well revamped Vancouver SC)

Maverick100
British Columbia
Just want to let the Gentlemen of Vancouver know of a place that has reopened. I don't know the history of this club so correct me if I'm wrong but it was the old “Muggs and Juggs” in Surrey in the Turf Hotel (after it moved from New West?). It has been renamed G-Spot (don't kill the messenger) and opened on Nov 4-5, somewhere in that range. I went there on Tues. Nov 9/10, a scant few days after it opened. This is a real mixed bag review but we have such limited options in our once glorious city that something is better than nothing.

This place was totally dead when I arrived with my buddy, maybe 6 guys in the whole bar. I don't know what it looked like before but the inside is decent, lights up like a Christmas tree under a black light. Big, slightly elevated stage offset from the centre of the room, tables all around the stage, VIP off to one side at stage level with black curtains, close enough to the stage that if you are really loud it is likely the other patrons can overhear your conversation (but this is midweek). Beer is $6 for bottled domestic and you can bring it to the VIP area. Saw the LE show up for a very brief visit and then gone, did a super quick check of the VIP area and didn't even see them leave. All the VIP girls also do stage shows, not all stage show dancers do VIP. Sugar is HOT, what a body! No hustle by the VIP at all, too slow in fact, normally it's all we can do to hold on to our money, here it is hard to spend…

Stage acts I can't comment on that much as I've been out of the scene for some time, I think the only “big name” was Grace Kelly, quite the looker for her age and what a set of t*ts, magnificent alternate reality. Tough for VIP, only one girl worked the floor hard, and she was a sweetheart, $25 for one dance, 2x$40, 3x$60 and this was for no contact but that was BS, just be a nice, polite guy and fork over a tip... VIP was difficult but this place is trying to find its' footing (somewhere between the No. 5 and the Paramount). For me all VIP contact (save for the one I mentioned above) was via the stage shows, show interest and you will be rewarded. Prices and mileage all over the map, generally $25 for no contact and $50 for full, 2-way contact but that can be negotiated ($200/5 dances, sad by all standards except Vancouver, price capital of the known universe, the hotter the chick the higher the price, humm, reality sucks). The ladies are open to negotiation and are trying to establish this place as a reasonable third choice to the extremely limited options currently available. Will have to go on a Fri/Sat and see what it's like then.

Worth a visit because what else is left??? The No. 5 is very expensive with well known stage acts but pushy, skanky VIP except for a few. The Paramount is what it is, a juice bar balance to the 5 (to avoid stupid liquor laws) though I'm sure if you were a regular YMMV and most of the girls are genuinely nice. The Penthouse and Brandi's suck, ho's and bitch goddesses respectively that only air dance for ridiculous prices in a shi**y environment. Sorry Vancouver but I've lived here since the early 1970's and have seen the great days, tell/show me something good in this city or move to Ontario, like the Cannonball Cabaret for example…

3 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    You should use the "Add Your Club" link in the right side menu, and then submit this as a review.
  • Maverick100
    14 years ago
    Thanks for the advice, I have now done as you recommended.
  • Maverick100
    14 years ago
    Thanks for the advice, I have now done as you recommended.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion