tuscl

Cops in the House

Saw a group of 5-6 guys walk into the club, one older guy who looked to be in charge, and the rest younger guys, all with neat, short haircuts. I pegged them as military at first, but a dancer later told me they were Baltimore county cops. The hottest dancers all came over to their tables and gave them lots of attention. I guess it pays to stay on the good side of the law, lol.

10 comments

• Cravey
    14 years ago
    In much the same way the mob used to (still does?) shake down local businesses as a way of providing "protection", SC managers cater to cops knowing full well that the club won't be raided anytime soon.

It's not personal - it's just business.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    There is no such thing as the mafia.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^
    that's right, but there really is a tooth fairy ;)
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Bet the owner would've authorized ultra high mileage if they were IRS employees ...
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    I have seen a cop come in and sit at the bar and they instantly bring him coffee and a meal.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    In the old days a cop went in a bar or SC and ordered a meal. The meal and the beer were comped. Of course the officer removed his hat while seated at the bar for the meal, unlike the thugs who wear hats while eating. The hat was stored behind the bar while the cop was eating. When the officer put his hat back on his head he could feel the envelope with cash that had been slipped inside while no one was looking.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Anyone read the Alan Markovitz's book he co-authored "Topless Prophet, The True Story of America's Most Successful Gentleman's Club Entrepreneur"? He is the owner of Flight Club and Penthouse in Detroit and was shot by a cop who was a PL customer at one of his clubs. The cop was thrown out of the club for causing too much drama with one of the dancers and he came back and shot Alan. Alan had to get plastic surgery on his face.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Wouldn't *you* take care of the cops if you owned a business? Especially a restaurant or bar style place.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    When I was a cop, restaurants and some fast food places provided free food. Some apartment complexes gave a discount on rent (provided you parked your cop car on premises), and gas stations that had garages were helpful if your cop car needed something the city garage couldn't provide.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    When I am able to I pick up the tab for cops at restaurants or bars. I thinks that the least I can do for men and women in Detroit who are underpaid and risk their lives everyday. I draw the line at taking bribes to look the other way, even giving strip clubs a pass.(Just stay away and let be.) Rumors abound that the Detroit dope trade florishes because some cops are on the take, while others fear coming forward lest they take a bullet.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion