tuscl

Extremely loud music

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:40 PM
The #1 complaint about my favorite club, the Columbia Platinum Plus, is the extreme loud music. The customers don't like it, the dancers don't like it, the waitresses don't like it. It is very difficult to carry on a conversation with your buddies or the dancers. You damn near have to use sign language to order a drink.I have worn gun range ear muffs just to draw attention to my dislike of it. I have hand delivered copies of TUSCL reviews to the office of the owner. Other have talked to several managers about it. It's sister club, Heartbreakers is the same way. I was there last month and the floor and wall were literally vibrating. I had to change seats.Nothing has or will change their attitude on this. So why do they do it? Clubs explanation is that they want to create a "party atmosphere". Who the fuck need that at two in the afternoon. There are only 2 advantages to the loud music. #1 the dancers have to get very close to you in order to carry on a conversation. This makes for some nice contact. The other is that you can FART without being heard.

21 comments

• uscue13
    14 years ago
    Besides, if a group comes inside and tells everyone they refuse to buy dances because of the volume, management can ask them to leave. You're not buying anyway so nothing for them to lose except to get out people watching a "free show" as they will call it.
  • Jmoney007
    14 years ago
    when i went to Erotic City in detroit, the music was so loud that when i left i took 20 mins for my hearing to return to normal, the messed up part was that the music was not that loud when i first go there, it seemed to get louder as more people came in, i have also noticed this trend at other clubs around detroit.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I had to leave one club because I was getting a headache from the loud music.
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    Shadowcat, they've turned the music level up at the Greenville Platinum Plus as well. I had a decent spot where I like to sit, but last visit was Columbia loud. The good news is that in both clubs it is somewhat quieter in the vip rooms.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    My issue isn't so much with the volume. It's the choice of music, I'd rather they played 'proper' songs instead of stuff made up by what sounds like 'songs' made just for strip clubs with appropriate lyrics along the lines of shaking ass, and fucking etc. Give me a classic rock track any day. That being said it never stops me having a good time.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    LOUD music, dangerous shoes, hmmm, it seems that clubs are absolutely begging OSHA to step in and regulate them. Shadow, you're no financial lightweight, perhaps if you and some other well heeled customers asked for a "quiet zone" in the club. That, or find an OSHA engineer and pay him to scare the fuck out of the owners.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have noticed at some clubs when you sit at the bar it is slightly more quiet because they put a lot of the speakers near the seating areas.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Shadowcat, next convention you host, the group can tell all dancers, etc., you're not buying until the volume gets turned down. If there's a big enough turnout among TUSCLers, the lack of revenue flow should get the club management's attention, and at least result in a temporary volume reduction.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    They won't do shit until people stop coming and then they still won't understand. The strippers probably could make a bit selling those throw away orange earplugs though.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    strip club management is arrogant and does not care sometimes. Watch the movie The Goods (about a car dealership hiring a strip club DJ to help promote their dealership) and you'll see what happens when they try to tell the DJ what to do. One choice is just try to bribe the DJ to turn down the volume. Money speaks louder than words in a strip club...
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I thought the music volume was a lot louder in Columbia than in Greenville. Maybe it depends on when you catch it. I still remember someone wrote a review of the volume level of the music in Greenville and stated that front row seats at Talladega would have been quiet in comparison. Someone thought it was loud in Greenville. I haven't had my ears start ringing upon entering the club like they have in Columbia though. I figure at times in Columbia the decibel rating would have been about 100 to 125. The 85 level at work is very quiet in comparison. Maybe it goes as high as 140 in Columbia at times. I think that club on one visit was the loudest place I've ever been in. It was even louder than a clap of thunder right next to where lightning struck. Maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, I once slept through one of those extremely loud fire alarm systems with the loud piercing sounds you can hear over half a mile away. I was surprised. I heard stories about people being dead to the world and sleeping through it before. Then I did it one time. I was in college. We averaged about 2 to 4 fire alarms a night every night. Sucked big time especially since it was illegal to stay in the dorm room.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    You're right about management not noticing a problem until the customers don't show up or stop coming. Sometimes management still doesn't do anything. I'm thinking of a club in Wellford SC where most weekend customers left 2 months ago and did not come back. Maybe there are enough guys during the week buying beer to make up for the loss of customers on the weekend. I don't know what the deal is. It sucks to not have any half way decent nude clubs in the area anymore.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    WHAT?
  • 10inches
    14 years ago
    i stopped going to PP in greenville because of the loud music and the really cold temperature. if they don't listen to the customer then vote with your feet by spending $$$ elsewhere.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    The only issues with voting with your feet are the time it takes to take effect, and getting others to vote with you. As vociferous as folks here are, I'm guessing TUSCLers are a very small minority of club goers. Getting the *other* 50 people in the club to leave might bring it to the attention of management, but so far all I've gotten when complaining is "the younger customers like it". And if those "younger" customers are the one's spending the money, it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are the catered to ones.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I don't know GMD: a collection of TUSCLers (10-15) not spending money will get the dancers' attention, and probably managements. Just imagine if they sit in the center of the club and break out into singing protest songs?!
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Damn kids and their loud music...and stay off my lawn, too! lol
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    There is a religious sect here in Western Canada that used to protest by having a group of old fat women parade around naked or stage naked sit-ins. How about 20 old fat tusclers disrobing in shadowcat's club to protest the loud music?
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    I'm one of these "damn kids" however I can't stand the super loud music that clubs play. Though I was very pleased to hear "toes" last night. God bless dancers who love country!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Thanks for all the great ideas, [view link]. But I do NOT want to cut off my nose to spite my face. I go there for the high mileage lap dances.
    14 years ago
    Penthouse in Philly is very loud. Afternoon, nights it doesn't matter. Very hard to have a conversation (or order a drink for that matter). Not wall shaking or painful but still way over the top.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion