tuscl

Mission Bar Owner Convicted of Sex Trafficking

McALLEN, Texas (AP) -- A federal jury in McAllen has convicted a
35-year-old bar owner in an investigation of underage Honduran girls allegedly forced into having sex.

Beleal Garcia Gonzalez of Mission was convicted Thursday on three counts of sex trafficking and conspiracy and six counts of harboring illegal immigrants.

Garcia faces a minimum 15 years in prison for each sex trafficking count and up to 10 years in prison for harboring illegal immigrants. Sentencing is Dec. 9.

The Monitor reports that the girls, ages 14, 15, and 17, testified they were falsely promised $700 a week working in a restaurant. Federal agents rescued the girls in January when they were seen leaving a bar, wearing skimpy clothing, during cold weather.

Defense attorney Oscar Alvarez questioned why the teens never attempted to quit their jobs.

6 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Another barbed wire dildo candidate!
  • yankee428
    14 years ago
    There is nothing wrong with a good LD (or more) between consenting adults, but this kind of thing is bullshit. They should torture the guy until he gives up his associates.

We can't let this thing enter into America. Founder, I'd ask you to open a space on tuscl were a member(a reputable member, not just a one timer who clearly works at competing club or is a bitter x-employee) can flag a club for suspicion of trafficking. They should detail dancer name and what they found suspicious. If two+ reputable members confirm, it should be sent to the police. That is, don't send the police to this site (Rudy Giuliani you suck ass), just send them anonymously the suspicion on the club. We have a duty here guys.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    I second yankee's idea.

If the federal government would take it's job seriously when it comes to illegal aliens this wouldn't have happened.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Interesting, A club here was promising dancers $200/night guarantee. It was Whispers Cabaret. A dancer posted a review saying it was just bullshit and she was never able to collect her guaranteed $200/night. The club went out of business just 5 months after opening.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    I wouldn't worry about this guy, he hits prison, my bet is within 24 hours, he's going to think his name is "B**ch", and he'll deserve every second of what happens to him.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    It ain't the murderers who do the raping in prison. It's the very people we smile about getting raped who do the raping. Life remains unfair and lacking justice.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion