tuscl

Shot girls

OneAngryDwarf
Pennsylvania
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:00 AM
They have got to be one of, if not THE, most annoying things about any strip club. Most will not take "no" for an answer and then when you do cave in to their demands for their heavily watered-down concoctions, they insist on you buying one for them, too. Of course it's watered down if they can demand this of every single customer that night. Any strategies for successfully fending them off?

13 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    LOL, Harrydave and I have both experienced the same annoying shot girl before at Dreamgirls in Columbus. Here is the excerpt from his Dreamgirls review and I have experienced a very similar situation with the two women he is talking about. "an attractive brunette (8) immediately asked me if I wanted to get some hot dances. I told her I wanted to relax a bit first and get a drink. She said, "Ok. Do you wanna tip me a dollar?". I thought that was a little off, but my policy is to spread the small tips.... She tells me her mom is the shot girl The shot girl (middle aged mom, remember?) sits down and says "Would you like a shot now?". I say, "No Thanks". She says, "Would you like to tip me a dollar?". I say, "No thanks". She says, "Would you like to tip me 2 dollars?". I say, "No thanks". She says, "I can't hear you." Ok, I'm pissed now. I look at her and distinctly say "No." She says, "Well, I'll check back with you later." Like Mother, Like Daughter.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I like at Club X, the shot girl is not too pushy and shots are only $3 for both customers and dancers, so it is not a big loss if the dancer tells me she likes taking shots...I have only had one dancer tell me she likes having shots bought for her at a place that wasn't a lady drink place.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Since shot girls are almost invariably hotter than the majority of dancers in any given club, my response is generally something along the lines of "no, but if you do hot lap dances where I get to fondle your boobs, I'll take one of those." I've had a few take me up on it, and one, at a recently raided club in Buffalo, did considerably more than dance, but usually, they go away in a huff and don't come back.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    In the clubs I go to it is common practice to share the tube while she sits in you lap. I tell them no, that I am a recovering alcoholic. That doesn't work. They come back with "Then just buy me a shot". I just say NO.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    I concur on all that's been said here re: Shot Girls. At Pink Pony in Atlanta, they comprise about my only real issue with the club, especially one who wears fishnet stockings who will not take "No" for an answer. The others have been more cordial and leave after I decline. And while I don't like saying "No," (who likes rejecting people?), I've found that a steadfast look on my face and a firm "No," will do the trick, even if I have to repeat myself. Actually, I've found with most any sales person, a simple "No," repeated if necessary, will work. And if asked why, I say, "Because I don't want <whatever it is they're selling>. By not offering a reason why I don't want it, they lose the ammunition needed to counter my "objection." Regarding the aforementioned fishnet shot girl, she simply plopped herself down next to me, chatted for a while (like she was taking a little breather), and after about ten minutes asked me about the shot. I said, "No," but she then went into "Well, buy me one then." To which I said, "No," and she got huffy, implied I wasted her time, and stomped off. She never stops by anymore.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    It depends on how hot the shot girl is. I think shot girls are more annoying at regular bars.
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    I put my hand up to stop her, shake my head no and say, "No thanks" as soon as I see them approach, before they even ask. That seems to work. At least they don't pester me after that.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    A few months ago, the last time I was at a club, instead of shots, they had the chef going around with a plate of chocolate covered, Grand Marnier-filled strawberries. I bought one for myself and one for this dancer who was hanging out with me. Not cheap, but very tasty.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I've had shot girls do body shots off me, feed me shots from their mouths(both by putting the tube in their mouths, or kissing me and transferring the shot that way), hold the tubes in their cleavage, tuck it in my fly and simulate a BJ, and let me take the tube from between their legs. So, I'm not anti-shot girls. Just anti-ugly shot girls. LOL!
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    mircobrain: "my response is generally something along the lines of 'no, but if you do hot lap dances where I get to fondle your boobs, I'll take one of those.' I've had a few take me up on it, and one, at a recently raided club in Buffalo, did considerably more than dance, but usually, they go away in a huff and don't come back" Geez, microbrain. Sounds like something a jerk or asshole would do. You sure you're really a nice guy?
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    My strategy is simple. I don't go back to clubs with shot girls. That includes the pathetic club Samsung refers to. Instead, I go to clubs where if you buy the lady bartender a drink, she's likely to reciprocate with heavy pours, and maybe come out from behind the bar for some highly personal thank-you time.
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    At some clubs, the shot girls/waitresses will remove their tops or whatever when you give them a tip. If they at least give you something more in return for the tip, then I guess it's okay.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I just say no, and if they don't like it, too bad.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion