tuscl

Charges filed after raid at Clermont (Cincinnati) strip club Déjà Vu

Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:38 AM
UNION TWP. – Thirteen dancers and three managers at the Déjà Vu strip club in Clermont County face charges ranging from prostitution to illegally operating a sexually oriented business as a result of a police raid Thursday. A total of 50 misdemeanor charges have been filed, and more are probable, Police Chief Terry Zinser said Friday. “A lot of these charges stem from being nude after midnight,” Zinser said. “That law also says the dancers can't have contact with each other or with customers.” Dancers who make such contact can be charged with engaging in an illegal sexually oriented activity, the chief said. No customers were charged, Zinser said. The club at 516 Old Ohio 74, which Zinser said had been operating from noon to 4 a.m., remains open for business. Detectives with the Union Township Police Department spent more than two months investigating the club, including several evenings in which dancers were observed totally nude after midnight in violation of Ohio law. Among those charged was the club's general manager, Mike Jollay, the chief said. Jollay, 62, of the Withamsville area of Union Township, faces five charges of illegally operating a sexually oriented business, according to Municipal Court records. Each charge could result in up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Dancers charged with illegal contact with each other or customers face similar penalties if found guilty. Jollay referred questions to the club's attorney, Louis Sirkin. “Whatever charges that arise against the club, they will be vigorously fought – as they always have in the past,” Sirkin said Thursday. “I'm sure the club will prevail.” Prostitution involves engaging in sexual activity for hire, according to the Ohio Revised Code. Penalties include up to 60 days in jail and a fine of up to $500 on each count if convicted. “All the charges stem from what happened in the business,” Zinser said. Officers had a search warrant to seize records when they raided the club about a half-hour after it opened Thursday afternoon and continue to investigate, Zinser said. “The message is there is a law in place for this, and these establishments need to follow the law,” Zinser said. “There were blatant violations of criminal law involved here.” [view link] June 18, 2010 I was in Cincinnati last summer and used my GPS (tomtom) to try to find this place. I could not find it so I gave up after searching for it nearly 30 minutes.

16 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    So wait, let me get this straight. A Deja Vu club actually had something more than girls with bad attitudes who wouldn't look at you twice on a dead Friday night? They had actual strippers, and girls willing to go even an extra inch or two? Wow. The world *is* ending.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Sam - No mug shots? :( "dancers were observed totally nude after midnight in violation of Ohio law." Wait, it's ok to be nude before midnight? That's a crazy law.
  • bendover656
    14 years ago
    That's such a waste of resources for LE to get involved like that. I almost got arrested in Tampa many years ago when they were trying to enforce a 6 foot rule. There was a raid and I was only talking to a topless girl not dancing so I didn't get charged. Of course now I believe Tampa is going stronger than ever. But what a bogus effort in the grand scheme of things. There always has been prostitution and always will be. Yes, there should be some limits but trying to outlaw it would be like tying to outlaw divorce. It's never going to happen and I think it's actually healthy for adult males to be able to let off some steam in a responsible, legal way.
  • you0were0wrong
    14 years ago
    I work at this Deja vu and was one of the girls convicted of "illegal sexual activity in an illegally operated sexual business." First of all, the girls that were charged with prostitution got these charges because of SHOWER SHOWS for christ's sake because they were "touching each other too much". As for the charge that I got we had undercover cops come in and apparently if we went as far as to touch their shoulder/leg/hair or give them a hug after a dance this was considered illegal contact and they are trying to arrest us for it. This whole situation is bogus and Deja Vu cincinnati is by far the cleanest club i have ever been to. I can't believe this is happening to us.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    I was totally thinking Gremlins when I read this. Hilarious! Now for the serious part. So I live in a part of the country where LE demonstrates some amount of sense when they aren't cracking people's heads. We'll call it 50/50. But anyway, some parts of the country have gotten totally out of hand with enforcement. Never like to hear about clubs trying to do stuff above board getting whacked. Makes it tougher on everyone since local authorities don't get much beyond monkey see, monkey do once something hits the news.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Thanks you0were0wrong for the insider point of view on this. I hope the conviction against you does not stand. I wish you the best of luck getting through this.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    I don't see how you can be surprised by this raid. The idiot law that was passed a couple of years ago in Ohio that shut down adult book stores from midnight to 6AM, banned ALL contact in strip clubs, and mandated that dancers be clothed after midnight originated in Cincinnati with the same bunch of douchebag do-gooders who bitched about the Hustler store down there for all those years. Enforcement statewide has been very lax so far, but if anyone was going to go gung-ho on this it would be the LEA in that backward, Bible thumping shit-hole corner of Ohio. I am sorry, but not shocked, by what has happened to the folks down there. It's just a matter of time before local yokel politicos in other areas see the advantage of rousting clubs this way. Its very depressing.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Geesh if Deja Vu just would have stayed the fuck out of Cincinnati it might have never pissed off the bible thumpers and the whole state now has the suffer because the bible thumpers who wanted to drive Deja Vu out of business using laws.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    they charge a person *more* both in jail time and fines for running a "sexually oriented business" than they do a prostitute, and the definition of the above is if a woman is nude after midnight? I must be strange or something, but is that fucked up or what???
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Deja Vu is the ONLY strip club located in Cincinnati area. How stupid is the Deja Vu mgmt to have the ONLY club in the conservative christian city.
  • quietlion1973
    14 years ago
    It's not the only one, just the only one where you can count on the dancers having all their teeth. I've been a regular in that place since before Vu moved in, back when Rumors was still there. It's always been the best around. Well, "best" considering that it is in Cincinnati of all places. As far as it being here in this city, Rumors was originally put here as a big "fuck you" to Cincy tightasses, and most of those stupid laws are aimed directly at the club, created specifically to try and drive them out. Over the years I've made friends with a few of the dancers there, and they're no more prostitutes than I am. Hell, the managers have come down hard on dancers who crossed the line in the past. I hate this city. I really do. If my parents didn't live here (and at the age they need me around) I'd move.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    If you ever get enough free time quietlion1973, come on up to Cheeks for some fun. Even Diamond's Cabaret is probably better although Diamond's is expensive.
  • stan1986
    14 years ago
    I always have a good time there and will cont going
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    stan1986 that is good to hear you enjoy it. The good news is that no customers were busted in this recent raid nor the one 10 years ago at this club.
  • stan1986
    14 years ago
    yeah but i knw everyone was burning up my phne dude you get busted , didnt knw anything abt it till next day lol , it had happened early that day , thgt i cld feel a bad vibe
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    time for a revolution
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion