tuscl

Investment opportunity....Way off topic

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:06 AM
Dear Friend I am Mr Vincent Hong Non Executive Director of Hang Seng Bank Ltd, Hong Kong. An Iraqi named Haider Hanoon,a business man made a numbered fixed deposit of Forty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war, Five years ago (2005). Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that Haider Hanoon and his family had been killed during the war in Gunfire that hit their home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil-well was. After further investigation it was also discovered that Haider Hanoon did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Forty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration seven years six months the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. I want to assure you that this project is real, and one hundred percent risk free and does not relate to any breach of law or proceeds from drugs. It is a matter of necessity to contact you for assistance without any further investigations about your person, it is therefore necessary that you tell me a little about yourself, I hope no form of betrayal will be experienced in the course of our collaboration, I must give you my trust because this transaction is no joke and such opportunity comes once in a life time. My proposal to you is that I prepared to front you as the sole beneficiary of my deceased client so that i can instruct HANG SENG BANK to release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation or business partner. Upon receipt of the deposit, I am prepared to share the money with you in half 50/50 percentage. If interested do send me your full names, current home address, phone number, your occupation to this email account: [view link] Your earliest reply will be appreciated. Yours Truly,Mr Vincent Hong,Non Executive Director,Hang Seng Bank Ltd, Hong [view link]: [view link] Any body else get an offer like this?

13 comments

• mmdv26
    14 years ago
    LOL, I got the same one. When I emailed Vinnie back I told him my occupation was "pimp" - I'll bet that got his banker-boy tighty-whitey's all balled up. I know it's just a scam to get me on this bank's mailing list, so nothing lost.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    All the time, SC, these scammers send this crap out all the time. I ignore them and delete them.
  • dallas702
    14 years ago
    What I learned a couple of years ago is that these scams (usually the scammer is somewhere in west Africa, the "hk" in the email address notwithstanding) are first after your bank acct #, then enough info to steal your identity and finally if you are a big enough sucker they will even get you to send $$$ to be "held in trust" to establish an account in your name so that your $22,250,000.00 (in united state dollars) can be immediately deposited in the new account. Your email address is also marketable even if you only respond once. I see some version of this scam often and I get a kick out of the bad grammar and implausible stories. What I don't understand is how anyone could actually fall for this kind of scam - but people DO get taken in. If you want to play with these crooks, get a dead end email address and use an internet cafe (they do) to avoid getting tracked back to your IP, then enjoy telling them all kinds of false info!
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I used to get those kind of things from Nigeria. My standard reply is that I bank at the First Bank of Stoopid and my account number is 000001. Sometimes I add that the bank is found at 123 Main Street in Anytown USA. One time I actually had one guy keep trying-he was buying my Stoopid thing, but he was having trouble finding it. Finally, I asked for some pictures of his preteen daughter. He actually wrote back, asking what kind of pictures. When I told him, he finally got the clue.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    haha nice one dudester. I use an account number like 000006969 The guys who fall for these scams are probably the same guys who are regulars to places like Cheeks and Diamond's Cabaret in Dayton.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I sometimes play them. I usually use something like "There are so many out there trying to scam me, how do I know you are not?", line and try to get them to send me money to prove good faith on their part. I once got them to send me a check for $3500. It was from Dyan Cannon in Phoenix. Well, the Dyan Cannon was interesting and I had a friend in Phoenix check the address. There was no such address, but just a vacant field where it should be. For grins, I deposited the check and guess what, it was no good! Sometimes I can go weeks playing before they give up. BTW, my favorite name to use is Ima Fool,
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Guys, don't do what Clubber did, passing checks like that is a criminal offense that banks are being a lot more aggressive in prosecuting. These Nigerian scammers do this type of scam to get victims to send cash back to them. It's happening a lot more these days, don't buy yourself a lot of legal trouble.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I always just delete them. Get one maybe once a week or two. Normally it's the Nigerian one although I did get the one shadow mentioned a day or two ago.
  • now_starring
    14 years ago
    I have been getting them for years from various countries and people according to the email. They come in many forms. Sometimes I have to pay money so a prize can be delivered to me. The excuses are endless.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I wonder if the success rate of these scam letters would go up if it was a women saying she needed your help/money (and a place to stay)...no one seems to give a shit about men anymore....if you see a homeless man out on the streets with a dog, you'll feel sorry for the dog
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    It could be worse. You could be following txtittyfan's advice to short the US dollar these days. Then you'd get wiped out for sure.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I seem to only get email I agreed to get. I'm wondering if my ISP screens my email. Back when I had dialup, I got all kinds of junk mail. I got an email from a girl from a website where I had no pic and almost no information on me. Her pic looked hot and she said she wanted to have sex with every guy in the state who was on the site. That's the kind of scam that gets my attention but I ignored it. Mysteriously to check out her profile, I would have to pay the site to upgrade my membership. Sounds like a setup to me. To further confirm my suspicions I got a number of other emails from hot girls from the same free website and all I had to do would be to upgrade my membership to read their emails and view their profiles. Never had so many hot girls send me messages wanting to contact me with not even a pic or any information on me on the free site. I think it was free to join but it cost something to actually use it. Scams are everywhere.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    Unfortunately a small percentage of the population falls to these West Africa or Nigeria email scams and they provide the funds to keep the scams going and going like the Energizer bunny.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion