tuscl

brushes with fame

LeeH
Georgia
Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:04 PM
There is a former NFL quarterback that occasionally comes to the club where my ATF dances. I don't think he lives here in Atlanta, and I think he only (or at least, primarily) comes to see her. One night, I was there at the same time that he was. She was on stage dancing and we were both standing there, about 5 feet apart, watching her. She tried to introduce us, but he just kept looking at her. Frankly, I was more proud of him than annoyed/offended -- given the choice of looking at her or me, what would you do? ;-) Anybody else have an experience anything like this?

15 comments

• spudd
    14 years ago
    A couple of years ago, I saw Scottie Pippen in Baby Dolls Dallas. I knew it was him because he was tall, and at the time, there were rumors of him trying out for the Mavericks.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    In strip clubs, no. While I was in the military I had to teach half a dozen actors how to walk, talk, and look military. Speaking of NFL QB's though: When my high school held it's "Summer camp QB tryouts" I went. Recently retired NFL QB Johnny Hadl unexpectedly turned up. When Johnny noticed that the coach was spending all his time with the guys who would be his QB and backup QB, he came over and coached me. Not only did he teach me how to throw, he also taught me how to throw on the run. I was able to apply his lessons on the last game of the season, as I led my team from a 35-0 deficit to a 42-48 victory. It was the only time I got to play QB, but I couldn't have done it without him.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    "John Hadl"? You sure are dating yourself.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Ran into a filming of HBO's "G-string Divas" once. I just sat off to the side with my ATF and watched. Never saw it aired, however.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Also, I knew Victoria Principal from high school.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    while he was still playing with the bulls, saw dennis rodman at Camelot in D.C. Kept to himself.
  • stogiebt
    14 years ago
    Barry Sanders in Detroit. I think it was '97, sitting with my, at the time, ATF. She pointed him out to me and said he had been in the club before. He was on the other side of the club and, of course, he's so elusive and quick, he left the club before I could get a really good look at him (so damn dark in those places, too).
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Dudester, that experience ought to be a movie for TV, so every kid who every dreamed of being a QB could see it.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "he's so elusive and quick, he left the club before I could get a really good look at him" Barry probably would have given you a stiff-arm if you got too close to him.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    I have seen many of Detroit local "celeb" in clubs: TV nes anchors, clergy, judges of both genders and prize winning journalists, all of whom condemn SCs
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Do Playboy magazines count as brushes with fame?
  • scarpia
    14 years ago
    Dwight Gooden at Mons Venus
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Dusting off an old story...stepped on Ray Lewis' foot at Penthouse in DC by the bar. Just weeks before an unfortunate soul got shanked in Atlanta. We exchanged glances and I apologized for the personal space thing, then walked back to my table...
  • poleshadow
    14 years ago
    "Dwight Gooden at Mons Venus" I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. No wonder he ended up with the Yankees. Mons is, what, 3 minutes from Legends Field on DMH?
  • RoyBatty
    14 years ago
    Wow good stories
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion