tuscl

Recession, baialout, and a real "option".

gk
Florida
More evidence that the strip club industry deserves a federal bailout.
DailyFinance reports that the adult entertainment industry is in a severe depression based on lower attendance at the Adult Entertainment Industry Expo in Las Vegas.

See: http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/media/…

While the article's numbers focus mostly on DVD and online sales, all TUSCL members are witness to the devasting affects the recession has had on strip clubs.

So we can wait no longer. Today I'm proposing President Obama and Congress enact the following bailout initiatives to save our hobby.

1. Mandatory Lap Dances: all adult males of voting age are required to buy one lapdance each month. Those that don't comply will be taxed the qquivalent of one lapdance per month missed based on the average cost of lapdances as reported on TUSCL.net. Proceeds will go to fund club operations and dancer living expenses.

2. The Pubic Option: all dances will be either topless or nude at the CUSTOMER's option.

3. Liberty and Equal Opportunity Clause: Local ordinances governing the style, behavior, clothing and proximity of lapdances and their performers will be repealed in lieu of the federal bailout program to allow participants to exercise their rights to make a living and puruse happiness (aside: what a concept!).

4. Fair Trade Income Tax Surcharge: assess a special tax on all organized groups or any indivuals acting indepentantly who have circulated or signed a petition demanding the closing of a strip club, placing restrictions on strip club operations or restricting the rights of dancers or customers to express themselves in the manner they choose. Proceeds wwill be deposited in a fund to benefit club consumers and be used to defraying cover charges and mitigate the excessvive cost of alcohol in clubs.

5. Protest Tax: A permit fee must be paid in order to protest in front of or nearby a strip club. Said fee will be assessed at the end of each dancer shift and will be equivalent to the sum of all customer bar charges paid and all lapdances/private dances paid for during the preceeding shift. Proceeds will be divided equally among owners, customers and dancers and will be weighted to favor regulars and their ATFs.

Combined, these initiatives will reduce the overall costs of clubbing for owners, dancers and customers. Write your congressman today supporting these initiatives.

4 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    LOL ^^

Rick's Cabaret stock is already up 30% this year. It is one of the best performing stocks year to date (although the year has only been 12 days!).

Also if you do a full one year chart on it, you can see that it posted a very impressive 129% gain. GOOG (google) on the other hand "only" posted a 97% gain.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Here is the good news that sent RICK (rick's cabaret stock symbol) up so much this month:
    "Rick’s Cabaret International, Inc. Reports December Same Club Sales Rose 19.2 Percent Over Previous Year"
    "HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rick’s Cabaret International, Inc. (NASDAQ: RICK), the leading chain of gentlemen’s clubs, said today sales at its nightclubs in December rose 23.7 percent over December 2008 while same club sales climbed 19.2 percent over the previous December.

The company said sales at its clubs totaled $6.6 million for the month of December, compared with $5.3 million in the previous December.

Sales at clubs operated for more than a year were $6.2 million, compared with $5.2 million in the previous December.

The December results brought total sales for the company’s first fiscal quarter ending December 31st to $19.6 million, a 15.7 percent increase over the $16.9 million recorded in the first quarter of the previous fiscal year."

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/…

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Hey Sam: my soda and two drinks for dancers last week came to $40 at the Vegas Rick's. I guess I can take credit for zooming their stock price...
  • gk
    15 years ago
    LOL. I might be lapping on the wrong side of the strip club tracks.

Seriously, I wish I could get to visit the several establishments under the Rick's corporate umbrella. (They saeem to be doing a great job jo niche marketing. To date, I've only been to Tootsies in N. Miami Beach.)

But for the most part, I visit locally owned clubs where patronage is way down as a factor of the economic slowdown. In other words, the average guy has given up strip clubs, for the time-being. Now we in TUSCL don't count because we're hardly in the average profile. But around here things look dim. A regular not showing up could rip the bottom out of a dancer's weekly or monthly budget. This is a local, rustbelt perspective based on a benchmark of several years ago. I'm sure there's a world of difference elsewhere, there usually is.

Satire aside of the original post aside, it's resulting in several dancers leavng the industry for the certainty of paltry, low wage jobs in some instances. And younger dancers coming into the industry with unrealistic expectations. However, it does make for some great deal-making opportunities on our end.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion