tuscl

Cheetah strip club allegedly video taped patrons having sex with dancers

In March 2009, the Cheetah strip club located in Hallandale Beach, Fla. was closed for allegedly selling drugs and promoting prostitution. Authorities claim to have legally obtained approximately 19,000 video clips of footage taken inside the club. The video clips show sex acts involving club dancers and patrons. Authorities also obtained daily logs that include the names of high-profile clients and professional athletes. So far, those names have not been released to the public.

Cheetah attorneys filled emergency restraining orders against the state arguing that the tapes should never have been released to the public. In addition, club attorneys hope to appear in court Friday to prevent the release of additional video footage and information. The Sun-Sentinel received the footage as part of a Freedom of Information Act request with the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco. Some of the footage is available on the Sun-Sentinel Web page. Click here to view it.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward…

Cheetah club owner Joe Rodriguez, who owns three other strip clubs in South Florida, is said to have previously denied that cameras were in the VIP rooms.

Hallandale police claim to have been investigating the Cheetah club for 19 months in an undercover operation. They say they visited the club approximately 18 times and had dancers offer drugs and sex. Some dancers are said to have asked for as much as $470 to perform sex acts.

Criminal charges were dismissed against one of the club managers because investigators could not prove that this manager was aware that sex acts were taking place on the premises. No criminal charges have been filed against club owner Joe Rodriguez at this time. Rodriguez has since filed a federal lawsuit claiming that his business licenses were improperly revoked. Thus far Rodriguez has agreed to pay a $15,000 fine and sell his liquor license. In a separate agreement, the Hallandale Police Department has kept $40,000 of the $61,000 seized in the raids.

A second raid was conducted several days after the first raid and more cameras were seized. Investigators claim patrons did not know they were being video taped. Investigators say that there were signs posted throughout the club stating that video surveillance was in place to protect patrons and allow them to feel safe. Video taping people without their knowledge is a violation of the video voyeurism law, which is a misdemeanor. Attorneys for Cheetah allege that this second search was a violation of club goer's rights because the tapes have now been released to the public.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward…

15 comments

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Some dancers are said to have asked for as much as $470 to perform sex acts."

Why $470?? That sounds like an odd price to set.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    cameras can be a scary thing. Obvious for the patron. But what about the owner/manager. Why would they want to tape evidence of illegal activities? You can't plead ignorance if your own cameras shot it.

FYI, there are 5 cameras at my favorite club. One on the parking lot. The other 4 on the main room.The monitors are in the managers office. Since the dancers all have to check in and out with him, they know that there are none in the private dance rooms. A relief!
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    HOW COME this club is not listed in TUSCL???
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Never mind. I re-read the OP -- it happened in March. Wonder what the reviews were like in the weeks leading up to the bust. Is there anyway an ordinary user like me can poke around in the TUSCL archives and read the old reviews?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    It is listed on tuscl

http://www.tuscl.net/d.php?DID=188

Tuscl usually removes the closed clubs from their list so they don't pop up when you use the GPS feature.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Sam, What is GPS on TUSCL? I have had a Garmin GPS in my truck for years. Love it but don't understand the meaning on TUSCL?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    click on your hot list button between my profile and messages. Once at the hotlist, you will see a checkbox that you can click on next to each club. A button near the bottom says "Download to GPS" I think this feature is only available for VIP members.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    That club is one of the few I refused to enter some years ago. I was going to see a dancer I knew that worked there. At the door they wanted to see my ID and have me sign in. RIGHT!!! I left never to return.

BTW, she never did work there.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    You could also do it the old fashion way and write down the address on a piece of paper then go to your GPS and manually punch in the address to help navigate you there. Either way works lol
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    This is a disgusting infringement on personal liberty and individual freedom. Our country is probably being infiltritated daily by insane sickos with their own terrorist agenda and plans and LE wants to watch SC videos.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Yeah, good luck with that one, Payer. My right to commit illegal acts in privacy is being violated! Then again, that was sort of the basis of Roe v Wade wasn't it?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Sam, got it.Thanks. Just don't have much use for it.I just don't go to that many clubs new to me.Truck knows its way to PP. I could almost sleep for 3 hours. lol...I just set the cruise control on 80mph and let her rip.Truck even knows where the cops hide out. Been doing the 240 mile trip for 8 years in 3 1/2 hours.NO tickets yet. Lucky??? Btw do no challenge a Red Ford Ranger unless you are driving a vette or better. Yeah they beat me all the time but they are shocked. I love embarrassing teens trying to impress their girl friends. No this not grandpa's ranger.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    sc,

So a little more about your Ranger? I assume it is not right off the showroom floor? I used to have a Plymouth Valiant that was not "grandpa's" Valiant. Lots of fun to surprise others.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Clubber, it is a 5 speed manual with a 4.0 litre eng. And some after market extras. Ford has not made this combination since 2001. You now have to buy the extended cab or 4 wheel drive to get the 4.0 eng. My son is a speed freak. He says that it will keep up with his Subaru WRX STI on a straight away.If I could buy a new one, I would pay cash for it.There have been 3 strippers ride in it. They were impressed. I now have 130k miles on it. I think that some day I will have to have it rebuilt.I can't buy a new one.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    It doesn't suprise me that taping is going on. The only purpose I can see is blackmail. Or some sick voyerism. Or underground marketing. Who knows.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion