tuscl

Happy Thanksgiving

judyjudy
Michigan
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:23 PM
Hope you all have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving day!!!!!!!!

8 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Since it's a boring day. I will tell you a Thanks giving story. 35+ years ago my best friend and I drove the Baja in a VW dune buggy.1,000 miles of horrible dirt road. But we were prepared. 2 spare tires, extra gas, etc. We stopped out side of Rosarito on Thanks giving. We were literally in a desert but it was November. We set up the Coleman stove, opened up a canned ham, sweet potatoes, etc.While that was heating we did shots of Souza Blanco. After dinner we did some Kahlua while we were letting the stove cool down. We packed up and went into town. We found a Gringo friendly cantina. 4 Other Americans.We got shit faced. One couple was flying back to CA the next day and agreed to call out families and they [view link] thing I know, we are pulled off the road. My buddy was passed out over the wheel. I got out my sleeping bag and went to sleep next to the car.The sun woke us up. My buddy said he tried to make into La Paz but couldn't.Said we were only about 25 miles away. So we start driving. 25 miles pass. Then 50.We stopped and asked a local how much further. He pointed in the opposite direction. Then my buddy recalled the in order to find a place to get off the road, he had to turn it around. We had just driven 50 miles out of our way. Remember never drink and drive!
  • how
    15 years ago
    Thanks, jj! Same to you...
  • scatterbrain
    15 years ago
    Right back at you, JJ.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    We are all thankful that you joined us.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Thanks JJ you are too kind
  • brewerfan
    15 years ago
    Happy Thanksgiving Judy!! Have a great day!!
  • You too, JJ! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I hope you all had a Happy Skanksgiving...hope you all had some pilgrim and indian roleplay.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion