tuscl

GGW busted

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:55 PM
6 Arrested in 'Girls Gone Wild' Sting Florida police bust seven women for indecent exposure as part 'Girls Gone Wild' sting Florida police arrested sixteen people connected to adult entertainment franchise “Girls Gone Wild” in Yulee Friday, includeing seven women on charges of indecent exposure, MyFoxOrlando reports. After receiving a tip that the “Girls Gone Wild” bus was in town, police conducted an undercover sting operation at The Mill Night Club and reportedly found men encouraging women to show their breasts on film. According to MyFoxOrlando, police said the women were also encouraged to have their breasts spray-painted while bar patrons looked on. Several of the women were arrested for complying and exposing their breasts. Also arrested were the night club owner and two others at the bar, who were charged with operating a sexually oriented business and obscenity, MyFox reports. Additional arrests included one man on charges of engaging in a sexual offense, another man for resisting arrest and two for disorderly intoxication. “Girls Gone Wild” released its first video in 1995. Since then, founder Joe Francis has had several brushes with the law, including charges of tax evasion. He is currently threatening to sue “Playboy” model Jayde Nichole, who claims he assaulted her in a bar. Francis claims he feared for his life and was merely engaging in self-defense.

12 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    Interesting..I saw the Girls Gone Wild bus at a bar that I drove past the other night. Has anyone enjoyed the new GGW videos? It has been a long time since I last saw one.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    I am shocked, SHOCKED the GGW bus showed up in Florida... but isn't it out of season? One would think spring break would yield the most footage...
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    The Girls Gone Wild bus stopped in some small towns here in South Carolina. I heard a crowd was at the bar but nobody got naked or saw anything that interesting. I heard they also had like the entire police department at the event so I guess nobody even thought about exposing anything. I would have felt disappointed if I had missed something.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Sometimes I wish they'd permanently lock up the jackass who owns/founded GGW, he is ridiculous.
  • bumrubber
    15 years ago
    gatorfan, Joe Francis is beyond ridiculous. He has been in and out of jail for the past several years, and is once again facing sentencing, for tax evasion: [view link]
  • Digitech
    15 years ago
    I have heard interviews with that Joe Francis guy. He's a moron. But why is it a crime for a woman to show her boobs in a bar full of people over age 21? And why on god's green earth would they set up a sting for this? What a waste of time. At least with prostitution you can make some arguments about pimping and human trafficking. With indecent exposure? Come on...
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    He might be an idiot, but the women he films are even more stupid. Not to mention the customers who buy the stuff (I download it). Compared to the customers and girls filmed he is the least stupid imo and probably made millions. Serving a few years in jail is worth it if you made a fortune doing it imo
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    samsung1, Serving time in jail is not worth anything, IMHO. I visited a friend in prison a couple of times and even as a visitor it was terrible. He was in a minimum security prison and he said it wasn't all that bad, but still, I can't imagine having to do it. Now if you ended up in a hard core prison, THAT would be MUCH worse, I am sure!
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Clubber, you are absolutely right, no more jail time let's just execute Joe Francis. As long as the government can appropriate GGW profits to pay for the execution, I'm completely fine with it. I'd hate to have us taxpayers paying a dime for it.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Sam, just for kicks, try writing Bernie Ebbers (former CEO; went to jail for WorldCom accounting fraud), assuming he's still locked up. Ask whether or not it was worth it. He's probably got plenty of time to write you back, assuming he isn't preaching still (when CNBC caught up to him post scandal, he was leading a Bible study group.)
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    By the way, I believe Bernie's career track was PE teacher to CEO of telecom company.
  • bornloser
    15 years ago
    Why aren't the police out trying to catch real criminals? Don't they have any thing to do but worry about some girl showing her tits? What a waste of taxpayers money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion