tuscl

Movie Review Bandslam

<p>If your idea of being into music in a big way is to put a three thousand dollar sound system in your car, this isn't your movie. If your idea of being into music in a big way is that you know who the original members of Genesis are, you read liner notes, and you've been in a band, this is your movie.<br />
<br />
This is the most under rated movie of the past decade. Starring the lovely and multi talented Aly Michalka, along with the multi talented Vanessa Hudgens (more on her later), this is a story about a high school rock band in search of a recording contract. There are great musical numbers in this movie, including Amphetamine and the deeply touching Phil's Song. <br />
<br />
Prior to seeing this movie, I was convinced that Vanessa was just some overly pampered Disney Princess, but Vanessa amazes and sparkles in this movie. The final concert scene in this movie, with Vanessa playing wicked guitar and awesome vocals, was done in one take. Shot live in front of a real audience&nbsp;at the South by Southwest&nbsp;festival in Austin Texas you find that Vanessa is incredible and amazing.</p>
<p>This is an excellent family movie, date movie, and rock movie. Out on DVD on March 22, 2010, it is worth the investment, and more.</p>

1 comment

• steve229
    15 years ago
    I wasn't familiar with Aly Michalka, so I googled her, and ahem, she's quite attractive.&nbsp; Vanessa I remember from those nude photos that leaked out online a few years ago.&nbsp; You say they also sing?&nbsp; ;-)<br type="_moz" />
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion