tuscl

Does anyone remember the Lollipop Lounge in Honolulu..??

when i was stationed there in the early 80s, this was my absolute favorite club in Honolulu. the women were absolutely beautiful and friendlier than any i have ever seen since. Topless only as I remember but it was wonderful. They only had table dances, which were, if memory serves, ten bucks. But it was truly a party atmosphere every time I went in there.

Anyone want to share memories of the Lollipop Lounge?

23 comments

• Scoops
    15 years ago
    I too fondly remember the Lollypop Lounge from the late 80s. I can still recall one of the finest sets of legs leading to a fantastic ass on a blond dancer named Mercedes. Claimed they were so good because she walked everywhere. Odd what sticks in the mind. My recollection was the table dances were cheaper than $10, perhaps more like $5? Either way, great value. I was sad to find it gone last time I was in HI.

• JerBear521
    15 years ago
    Now that I think about it, you're right, Scoops. 10 bucks back then would have been ridiculously high.

I remember one dancer, absolutely beautiful blonde named Janna. Back then...she was my ATF.

The other thing I remember about the Lollipop Lounge is the theme song.
    Lollipop. (clever selection, huh?) When they played that song, usually twice a night, all the women came out, milled around and gave sample table dances to everybody, no 10 bucks...not even 5 bucks...free.

What memories....
  • kbills
    12 years ago
    I went there in ~1976. Beautiful dancers....especially Angela, a petite brunette, and Tooey, a vietnamese girl to die for !!
    Anyone remember either one ?? An old photo would be fantastic !!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Oddly enough I had been thinking for a bit now that we often discuss SCs from all over the country and sometimes outside the US, but I had never see a thread related to Hawaii clubs.

Anyone know their current state? I would imagine not very good since I have never seen anyone commenting about them ‘til now.
  • wbhiccup
    11 years ago
    I remember it well, because my wife danced there several times on wet T-shirt nights and amateur strip nights when we vacationed in Hawaii - '82, '84, '86 and '88, as I recall. When we went back in '89 or '90 it was no longer there, to our disappointment. We had some good times, she got lots of encouragement from the guys, met some interesting people, never finished higher than 3rd ($25 prize) because a lot of the contestants were professional strippers vacationing from Alaska or such. She danced at amateur nights at a few other places - Anchorage, Las Vegas, Tucson - but the Lollipop was our favorite.
  • brookiebaby
    9 years ago
    I rember table dance's were $5 . I have no idea how I stumbled across this site but I did. Crazy to think guys that we danced for so long ago still rember us that's so cool thanks from me Dawn or aka brook 5'10 blond and all the other dancer's
  • marinemike
    9 years ago
    Hi Dawn!! If you were dancing there from the fall of '83 to the spring of '84, then we knew eachother. We had some great times. And i do remeber this tall ,sexy blonde named brook. Its funny, one night you were showing off an engagement ring.
    Hey, there was a tiny little dancer named Melody working at the time i stated. Do you remember her? If so, did you happen to know what happened to her? She was very special to this young marine that visited her quite often. She was a good friend. Not in a bad way. We would talk all the time when i would show up.
    Thank you Dawn, aka Brookie. I really do miss those times at The Lollipop Lounge!!!
  • NavyJoe
    9 years ago
    I was there in 87 and it was fantastic. There was an amazingly beautiful blonde dancer there named Alex. I had a massive crush on her. And I found out that she was interested in me too. Sadly, she sprained her ankle one night and I had to leave Hawaii shortly after that. I never went back to look for her. Sometimes I wish that I had.

If you're reading this Alex, I'm so sorry that I had to leave and even more sorry that I didn't try to find you again. I fantasize about what it might have been like if I had returned to Hawaii to look for you. I sincerely hope that you were okay after I left and I hope that your life has been happy all of these years! I'm still crazy for you even though I never got the chance to kiss you. One of my many regrets!
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    I went there regularly in 75-76. Shannon from BC was my ATF dancer there. I was crazy in love with her. She wound up leaving Hawaii in mid-76 for home. I never saw her again, but I have never forgotten her.

If she should happen to see this, I have missed you for 40 years. And I'm sorry I wasn't braver back then.
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    kbills---I remember Tooey. I remember when she first started there.

I also found Shannon since my last post. I was very surprised that she remembered me after all this time. Of course, we each have our owns now. but it was nice talking to her.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    The Lollipop was fun but I had a First Class Petty Officer who took me under his wing, told me we were only there for one night and had duty the next with a week scheduled in Olongapo (the Philippines) I'm glad he talked sense into my big head which was greatly appreciated by the little head later in the cruise
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    1971 when i was in the navy. i don't recall the name of the club... near the airport in honolulu... an actual theater. with a stage with an orchestra pit and theater seats. the girl on stage stripping. literally no contact whatsoever for the audience. my first strip club experience.
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    I think that was the Dunes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Odd thread - all these zero reviewers popping out of nowhere talking about a club going back as long as 40 years - weird - so was there any contact during these yesteryear Lollipop table-dances?
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    There was. But, it was pretty much determined by the girl. In the mid-70's, there was a girl that was willing to let you touch anywhere you wanted. She didn't last long there after word got around that she was a "working girl". This was long before the shenanigans that are claimed to happen in the so-called "Gentlemen's Clubs" these days. If you tried to lay a hand on a girl and she didn't want you to, you were very likely to get tossed out. I saw several guys get bounced in the 2 years I was a regular there.

In answer to your "weird" comment...Clearly we all enjoyed the Pop back then. It's nice to find others that were there in those years that enjoyed the place, and want to share notes and memories. We're all older now, and pretty much settled down. No burning desire (in my case) to hit the modern clubs. But I do miss those days and nights at the Lollipop.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I mentioned it was weird b/c I spend a lot of time on this board (since Jan 2012) and I do not recognize the posters posting on this thread - it seems some of them were not on this site long at all as if they had just joined the site for just this thread - weird that they are not regular TUSCLers but yet found this thtead of a long gone-by club
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    BTW Shop, just curious, may I ask how old you are?
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    61. I was in Hawaii 74-77.

This thread is why I signed up.

The Pop was one of the nicest places in Hawaii at the time. It was topless only, and there was a definite house "code of conduct" for both the dancers and customers. When the owner found out about the working girl I mentioned, he couldn't fire her fast enough. He was gonna run a clean place so the cops would leave him alone. And it seemed to work. I never saw a cop in the club, and I was there at least 3 nights a week.

And the working girl wound up at the Hubba-Hubba on Hotel Street.

From what I gather, it finally closed around 1990, but I don't know with certainty.

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    61 - ok, I thought you might have been older - I just turned 47 but for me the 70s seems like a lonnnnng time ago but that happens to every generation.

Why don't you like strip clubs now, too sleezy? And were you in the service and thus your reason for living in HI? And how did you find this thread, Google search?
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    The 70's were a long time ago. I can feel every year.

I lost interest when I met my wife. When you find The One, that happens. At least to me. It seems to have worked. We've been married 37 years.

And, as a rule wives aren't all that keen on their husbands going to strip joints. So there's that, also.

Yup, I was in the Navy back then. And, I was searching Lollipop when I found this.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Nice - always interesting to go back in time - thanks for your replies - logging off for the night so maybe I'll see you on another thread.
  • Shop99er
    8 years ago
    Good night. It was a good chat.
  • Shop99er
    7 years ago
    Bootsy--Any chance any of the girls from the 74-77 era were still there?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion