A lot of news lately about executions. The failed "lethal" injection of Christa Pike has grabbed the headlines, and rightfully so. I feel absolutely zero sympathy for her, given what she did 30+ years ago. But I gotta say I'm disturbed by the incompetence of the "execution team" as they're called. Regardless that you're executing the worst kind of scum the world has ever seen, it's an extremely serious matter and should be done efficiently and professionally.
This botched disaster reminds me of The Green Mile where Tom Hanks's character put so much emphasis on professionalism, only to have an execution upended by a psycho loser who sabotaged it. I'm not saying the Pike failure was intentional, but it does make you wonder. From what I've read, it was a known issue that she didn't have an ideal vein to access. If missing the vein in her arm was even a remote possibility, why not put the needle in her jugular?
Or better yet, why not go back to the old methods of hanging or firing squad?
Which brings me to my next question. The Pentagon announced that the Fort Hood shooter, Nidal Malik Hasan, who killed 13 and wounded 32 others, will be executed by firing squad. Better yet, it will be live-streamed so anyone can see it live. Yeah, I'll probably watch. But why not hang him?
Back in Revolutionary War times, hanging was for the real scumbags. Common criminals, traitors, and spies. The firing squad was considered more respectful, mostly reserved for enemy soldiers who were simply serving their own country. After he was caught, Major John Andre, the coconspirator of Benedict Arnold, directly petitioned George Washington to request an execution by firing squad rather than hanging. Washington denied that request.
This Hasan piece of shit. Yeah, he was born here in the USA, of naturalized Palestinian immigrants. Graduated college with honors in science, and got his medical training as an officer in the US Army, achieved the rank of Major, and then blew away unarmed American soldiers in the name of Allah.
Why the hell should this asshole be given the dignity of a firing squad? Even hanging is too good for him. Are there still any operational electric chairs?


Replies
No replies yet
Sign in to be the first to reply.