tuscl

4 shot inside downtown strip club

sweetjamesjones
I support the naked hustle
4 shot at Deja Vu Strip Club. Not a good look for an already weak Chicago strip club scene. Wouldn’t be surprised if the city shuts this place down now.

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/08/4-shot-in…

15 comments

• ggofv
    a month ago
    They just had a shooting last year according to a previous discussion. Is this place in a rough side of Chicago. I heard a joke that Chicago IS rough in general these days.
  • Alfredo_Darke
    a month ago
    Since the Supreme Court ruled anyone can have a gun without any real restrictions, it's like the fucking Wild West out here. It used to be all the shootings happened on the south and west sides, but now, although those areas are still worst, it can happen anywhere. It's now common to settle arguments with gunfire. Insane.
  • sweetjamesjones
    a month ago
    This spot is very close to downtown (less than a mile from the Sears tower). The area isn’t generally one of the rougher in the city, however now you should keep your eyes and ears open no matter where you’re at.
  • chiefwiggum
    a month ago
    Deja Vu is in the loop. Historically, the Loop has been mostly safe. My older colleagues say it was safer when NYC was a complete shithole (open prostitution, drug dealing, pre-Times Square). Pre-BLM, almost all would say the Loop is safe, not anymore.

I'm unaware of any Supreme Court decision that allows anyone in IL to have a gun. As an IL resident, I can't even hold a gun at a gun store without filling out a form that needs to be approved.

During covid, there was a shootout between gang member in broad daylight, albeit, in/near a gang neighborhood. IIRC, 10 total shooters, 7 shot, wild west shootout in the streets and I believe DA Kim Fox prosecuted none of them. It's bullshit like that that emboldens criminals to carry and shoot wherever.
  • Alfredo_Darke
    a month ago
    Unfortunately, Illinois is next to states that have very lax gun laws, so it's very easy to circumvent those laws. That's what I meant by the Scalia court relaxing any effort to nationally control guns, which is the only way it can really be done.

"Pre-BLM" Really, you're blaming them?
  • Muddy
    a month ago
    The good news is that even if 100% no ghetto bullshit, this sc is still not worth going to, at all.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    ^^It's a state run by progressive assholes who are lenient on crime. The citizens are just fucking animals, and it has nothing to do with the 1,200 plus gun laws in this country. Someone uses a gun and kills someone in a crime: Try them, convict them, hand them live on pay per view. Blaming Scotus is just fucking retarded. Blaming the state next door because Chicagoans have always been like this is just fucking retarded.
  • sweetjamesjones
    a month ago
    The city shut the place down as expected.

https://abc7chicago.com/post/chicago-sho…
  • Alfredo_Darke
    a month ago
    Ski bum - you're clueless. Any more words are wasted.
  • chiefwiggum
    a month ago
    Depending on what site you look at Alfredo, IL is number 3 or 4 in terms of highest gun restrictions.

Larger cities are going to have more crime, blue or not, i.e. they have more criminals. These criminals are not going to obey laws. Pre-BLM Chicago had the means to enforce these laws. Now, not so much. Non-prosecution of crimes like these is what leads to more crime. Kim Foxx not doing her job leads to more crime.
    This link says only 33 cases made it through the legal system after 392 arrests were approved to trial. https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/on…

What the link doesn't say is how many were actually arrested. Upwards of 3000 were reported to be arrested. So only a 1/10 get approved for trial? The rest are let go.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    Wah Alfredo, just run-away progressive lol. Faggot. Chicago has been a violent shithole for 100 years...at least. Something truly wrong with the people who have and do live there.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    Yikes. I hope that fat chick with blue hair and a black dress isn’t a dancer

https://youtu.be/ZKawALyudVQ?si=6xIxvuGX…
  • captainfun
    a month ago
    This is not in a bad area of town. Surprised to hear in the news clip that the place was packed at 4 am. Must be a big late night place. So few other strip clubs despite being such a big city.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    “This is not in a bad area of town“

Been a couple of years since I’ve been near downtown and the Loop, but is anywhere in Chicago safe these days? It’s not like the southside but there’s constant news reports of the Magnificent Mile experiencing a significant up tick in crime
  • chiefwiggum
    a month ago
    No where is safe in Chicago, well, not at least like it used to be. At one point rapes were up in Lincoln Park. There are a literal shit ton of carjackings (but to be fair, the majority seem to happen outside this one gas station in Hyde Park -- why would anyone still get gas there?). I don't think they even report retail crime anymore. Shootings and gang shootings aren't contained in the bad areas of the south and west side anymore. I personally saw a drive-by in West Loop in the middle of the fucking day, called 911 and everything and I'm pretty sure it wasn't reported. Random teenage violence in tourist areas (Bean, Grant Park, River North, Magnificent Mile). My one friend says that police in general aren't reporting crime anymore to FBI so statistics are off.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion