tuscl
1011 Market St Paterson, NJ 07513

Still Closed in mid August

felipe609
New Jersey
Sunday, August 11, 2024 2:45 PM
This is not a real review (what can you say?) but more of a PSA. I was planning on going on Saturday evening, but I drove by and it was closed. The gate was locked and the lights were off. There was no sign I saw explaining why.

A previous comment indicated that they were shut down by the police. I could believe this--or the health department, the liquor board, the environmental protection agency, or the immigration service, or whomever they didn't pay this month. Or that the owners decided to return to Brazil/DR/Central Jersey. Or that they couldn't make a profit. Or that Vladimir Putin/Hamas/Cosa Nostra decided it wasn't worth keeping to launder money. I could even (maybe) believe the owner decided to remodel the place. All of this is just speculation, however, because there was no sign.

I did a google search and all I found was that they were shut down for two weeks in 2015 by the liquor board: https://patersontimes.com/2015/10/03/mar…

If this place closes for good, it will not count as a crime against humanity. However, I would probably miss it. It is a real dive, no matter how you describe it, and especially with the demise of Bottom's Up, these dives are rarer. I am not sure where I will go to see 30-40ish year old thick Brazilian and Dominican dancers. Of course there are other bars in North Jersey (including Paterson), but none of them has the "special sauce" that Marcet's has.

1 comment

• NJBalla
    a month ago
    *shurgs* Just go to 5th avenue in paterson. A lot of the brazilians I know hated this place BTW. Very dangerous concerning clients and many arent legal so providing everything out in the open wasnt worth getting locked up and not being able to pick up the kid from the babysitter/ A few that dance there can be found at George and I. Newark police dont poke around because the club doesnt offer dances so the club can be very dead. Im not a big fan of that place. Its more of a place for brazilian day laborers to release the poison with a MILF. but the 1 or 2 times i visited it looked like every brazilian offered car dates. The girls make most of thier money off of drinks so if you want to see an old regular get your google translate ready to ask for a car date before she asks for drink #4.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion