tuscl
Bare Exposure
2303 Pacific Ave Atlantic City, NJ 08401

another club I worked at

HoneyDewMelons
Retired Burlesque Belly Dancing GoGo Girl
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 2:14 AM
Very short-lived it just took me way too much time to get there didn't make enough money but of course they were just opening and nobody really knew about the place yet I seem to always find clubs that are just opening up but I never stay too long sometimes just a week or two which is what happened here I think I went three times and honestly the girls didn't even start at that time until like 11:00 at night and oh my God I was already bushed by 11:00... LOL

13 comments

• Brahma2k
    10 months ago
    If you don’t mind me asking HDM, what was the $$ earning threshold to make it worth the trip?
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    I'm not sure if I really had a threshold but for my time and travel my time there how much time I had on the stage like I said the place just opened up and we were lucky to have three or four people by midnight or 1:00 and honestly I only remember seeing two or three girls maybe there until the early morning hours so when I got there cuz I had to take a train there I was like clocked in at like 8:00 with nothing to do and then I think they closed at like 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning and I had to wait for 7:00 to take the train back home so I would have had to make pretty good amount of money in order to take up 4 hours of doing nothing while I was waiting around in the club And 4 hours of travel to and from the club and didn't look anything like it does now it would look just like a storefront didn't have any particular signs on it it just had it was just playing with I would say just white blinds hanging down over there windows and when I seen what it looks like now it's all bright and cheery and neon lights in the windows But I guess you got to start somewhere and they figured if some girls were willing to come in and just trying to make a few dollars but it probably wasn't too bad for anybody who kind of lived around there or didn't have to travel too far to get there but I'm thinking my threshold would have had to be $200 a night and of course I certainly wasn't making that So I think I went two or three times and then after the third time I was like well this really isn't working out LOL and honestly back in that time I didn't drive so I either took a bus or a train everywhere so that took up a lot of time so I had to kind of make sure the money I made was also making up for my hours of travel
  • Brahma2k
    10 months ago
    Wow HDM, 4 hours round trip to a place you were very unsure was going to be a moneymaker and doing it by bus/train. Seriously, That is some determined work ethic! I’m guessing a stripper always has in mind on any given night she could end up with that one customer who will be spending some very solid cash, or a group of guys come in unexpectedly and they’ve got some good cash to spend. Depending on the year, 200$ wouldn’t be bad at all if it was close by. Today, the SC I go to once every handful of weeks, the feedback I’ve gotten is 400/500 is minimum nightly take. A good Saturday night is 1000+.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    Well we're still talking about I would say 1996 or 1997 well that's the thing too dancers are always looking for the next bar a better bar if they don't feel they're making with their making at wherever they're at they're always open to the option of looking at other places and you have to at least try them out to see whether you're a good fit for the club or not sometimes you're not a good fit for the club or you don't like the club or you don't like something about the club you don't like the DJ you don't like the music or maybe you have to you know sit with one customer for 2 hours before you can get a lap dance and then turns out that they're Quincy anyhow so you just wasted 2 hours on one person that you only made $100 off of I always worked out best in my later career at just a small mom and pop bars that were deemed I would say not quite like the ballpark LOL Like Jack's.. Charlie pros... I did good at dangerous curves but for some reason it kind of changed when it became Club risque though I did work there for a short amount of time but when it was dangerous curves I worked there for a couple years also along with Jacks and Charlie's and I believe with a short stint at daydreams but between Jack's Charlie's and dangerous cars which were all in proximity to each other that's where I stayed for quite a few years I believe I worked at Jack's for 8 years And still all the while still trying out other bars if you see all the places that I've worked I was still I guess maybe just for something different or that I just wasn't working the same bar constantly which I probably never gave up totally I probably still went back to them and had one shift a week there or maybe two shifts a week at some of them but still just tried other places out I didn't do any couch dancing honestly I may have done a handful in my whole later career... I pretty much was mostly a stage dancer and hand me money over the bar type of person but then a lot of the clubs turned into where the girls were allowed to go on the outside of the bar so you kind of had to go with the flow...
  • Brahma2k
    10 months ago
    “Quincy”? I see. Bare Exposure was worth that travel effort for a few times, trying to find that right fit and earnings. In 1997 money, 200 was good. I’m sure you had your nights where you killed it in earnings. That would up the average nicely. Not doing much couch (lap) dancing and mostly stage while making good money. HDM, Your stage act must have been excellent!
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    It's supposed to say chintzy..lol...... Well during my first year in my early early career when I worked the plaza strasio's that was work on top of the bar and honestly I look back at that and wonder if any girls ever fell off I mean it was dark the bar is narrow some girls were barefoot some were like just ballet shoes I mean you couldn't wear a tall high heels or anything and then you're scooching between literally the bar was full of men there was not a seat in the house not only that up against the wall at least I know what the plaza cuz it was a lot smaller than strasseus the men were lined up against the wall waiting for the person in the seat in front of them to run out of money so they could go sit in the seat And I never heard of any dancers falling off the bar so that's quite an accomplishment to go around a huge bar and nobody falling off with glasses the bar is wet people have their cigarettes and their lighters and money just thrown all around the bar My roommate who is also my manager took me to and from all of my gigs to tell you how much money I made I couldn't quite tell you I used to fill up a duffel bag of money at the end of the night and I had a locker under lock and key because I couldn't hold all the money that I was making doing the round and honestly the time I got done one night at either Strauss you as a plaza and got home at 3:00 in the morning or 2:30 I couldn't have cared less how much money I made I was so exhausted so you have to remember when you're working on top of the bar you're standing up you're moving to the next person and then your hunched down in front of them and you're like kind of face to face with them and you chat for 30-40 seconds and they give you money and of course 10 or 20 seconds after that if they're not keeping giving you money you stand up and you move to the next person and you do the same thing going around the bar so I was doing stressios and plaza at least one night a week if not 3 nights between the two of them And yes after about 6 months of pretty much just doing the bar work I could tell my knees were given out I remember the last time I actually worked the bar or may not have been the very last time I actually think I just took some time off from actually doing top of the bar work I was fine until I got down off the bar I got dressed and I sat there for like a few minutes waiting for my ride to come but after sitting there for a few minutes I couldn't get up like my knees just wouldn't move he had to come in and Carry me in the dresser room to the car and then he carried me from the car into the house so pretty much that's how I knew that those days were kind of over I guess maybe looking back on it if I would have just did each one of those bars just one day a week I probably would have been able to prolong it a little bit Anyway that's the first part of the story Oh I've got to tell you how much was in the bag at night I don't know it must have been a lot I mean talking about me filling up it was an old authentic Air Force bag like made of material and that thing used to just be crammed with money and like I said I went home and I went to sleep and my roommate manager I guess he counted it out at night time or in the morning I just remember seeing you know stacks of money on a table and honestly I don't even really know how much I made but I guess he took a better part of it one to pay for rent too my other roommate girlfriend she didn't work well technically she was sort of like my maid actually she was kind of like the maid in the apartment she kept the apartment nice kept everything clean washed all my clothes but she kind of only lived there part time cuz she went home a lot to her actual family's house I guess to help them do whatever needed to be done there And of course he probably paid himself for his time on taking me back and forth and with my money he probably paid for all the gas the insurance on his car But he took me like everywhere I wanted to go even outside of work I mean we ate it the best restaurants I mean nice restaurants where the owners came over and talked to us we went to New York a lot he made me read a lot on the nights that I wasn't working he always had like a book for me to read and most of them were science fiction cuz I was in a science fiction and I was into like the whole big Star wars thing when a very first came out and I went up to New York and I was always getting like the most latest copies of any type of magazines comic books posters too bad all that went by the wayside when I moved out
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    So then I started doing stage work and honestly you got to remember when I got started dancing I had no idea what was actual Go-Go dancing in bars I mean pretty much I grew up with go go girls that I seen on TV with short mini skirts and white boots dancing on the stage or inside little cages of course that certainly wasn't the case Yes so my two earliest stage clubs was the carousel lounge on torresdale avenue and the Esquire bar at five points Castor avenue my God I loved those bars...
  • twentyfive
    10 months ago
    We had Gigi dancers at the Cafe Wha and Electric Cafe in NYCs Greenwich Village as well as occasionally at Studio 54 and sometimes at CBGBs
  • twentyfive
    10 months ago
    ^GoGo not GiGi
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    I know what you meant LOL
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    Geez we really should read before we press send...
  • twentyfive
    10 months ago
    Usually I do, but the spell check feature overrides sometimes after you send it’s not always accurate
  • HoneyDewMelons
    10 months ago
    I should write a book actually I've been thinking of writing a book for the past couple of years I don't know something about the adventures of my time as a dancer which I certainly have put in enough time all the ins and outs trials and tribulations... My kids tell me to go for it but I have to find a ghostwriter to help me...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion