tuscl

Your all time coaches team

Your given a team in all the big leagues, you could pick whoever you want to manage them...

College Hoops- Jimmy Valvano best personality for a coach, next would be Pitino.

College Football- I'll take Woody Hayes we need more coaches brawling with players, some of these kids need to get tuned up sometimes

NFL- Tom Landry

MLB- Tommy Lasorda. If I had a veteran team I would go Joe Torre. Any of the old school guys who didn't take shit I'm good with; Sparky Anderson, Bobby Cox and of course Earl Weaver, for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6RYPRl…

NBA- Pat Riley

NHL- Al Arbour

6 comments

• Muddy
    a year ago
    Runner up for NFL would probably be Parcells and Ditka but players today would probably not be able to deal with their old school style, getting yelled at and all that.
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    nba: pat riley
    mlb: dick howser - steinbrenner was fucking stupid for firing him.
    nfl: bill belichick
    nhl: scotty bowman
    horse racing: bobby frankel

• motorhead
    a year ago
    If we change the question to who do you want to win one game for you the answer changes. Not having to worry about recruiting or player management, just pure in game coaching.

NCAA Basketball - Bob Knight
    Baseball - Tony LaRussa
    NFL - Sean Payton
    Hockey - Herb Brooks
    NBA - Phil Jackson
    College Football - Nick Saban
  • clubdude
    a year ago
    MLB-Billy Martin
    NFL-Bobby Ross (the greatest line in coaching "do you think I teach them to play like that"...before quitting at 5-4 with the Lions)
    NCAA Basketball-John Wooden
    NBA_Phil Jackson
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    I’m trying to think of coaches that players have always talked about glowingly or coaches that consistently got the most out of their players:

NBA - Phil Jackson

NCAAB - Mike Krzyzewski

MLB - so many options here - I’ll name one that hasn’t been mentioned - Terry Francona

NFL - Sean McVay - this is an odd pick but Sean McVay has started a whole new trend in the NFL where owners are looking towards young coaches over older more experienced ones as they can relate to the players better.

NCAAF - Dabo Swinney - dude is a factory churning out NFL players.
  • ATACdawg
    a year ago
    NBA - Tom Heinson

MLB - Jim Leyland

NHL - Scottie Bowman

NFL - Tom Landry or Don Shula; too close to choose
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion