tuscl

OT: Prime Time TV Ratings for News Channels

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Wednesday, July 27, 2022 10:36 PM
When I read this I was shocked - utterly shocked. I haven’t watched CNN in years but thought it was just me. “This year, NewsNation has averaged 50,000 viewers in prime time, compared with 2.4 million for Fox News, 1.2 million for MSNBC and 762,000 for CNN, according to Nielsen data.” Whatever CNN’s business model is, it’s not working. They’ve just tanked since the days they owned that segment

17 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Late night shows seem to have also taken a hit (probably lost a lot of their conservative viewership due to their leftist/woke BS) - I didn't know this (or maybe just forgot) but I think Conan O'Brien was canceled last year - and leftist Samantha Bee's late-night show on TBS also recently got canceled - meanwhile Gutfeld on Fox News I believe is #1 among the the late night shows and it's not as if it's that good really; likely just viewers that can't stand the leftist/woke stance of most of entertainment these days.
  • etsutwigg222
    2 years ago
    President Trump's fault because he is not sending mean tweets.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I don't have cable anymore but yeah CNN has taken a well deserved huge dive in recent years. They truly are Fake News. We can only hope that MSNBC follows cnn's lead, Lol
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    The most fascinating thing to me is that MSNBC has 1.2 million viewers. Are they counting monkeys at the zoo or something?
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Lol you do know that we have a few of those monkeys posting here.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    MSNBC's business model seems to have been The National Enquirer.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Recently the Jimmy Kimmel show’s producer took over as the main producer of CNN wanting to “change” the direction into just straight fact news instead of its current “format” or “agenda.” Good luck with that.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I think CBS made a mistake letting Colbert basically become a Democratic spokesperson. I can’t watch his show because he’s too over the top with his commentary. I don’t mind Fallon, as he can be funny at times. Kimmel had Chelsey Handler as a guest host, and she is not a pleasant looking woman. I am unable to deal with CNN as it is so far left. Gutfeld is more entertaining than the other networks combined talent. I would rather watch Cops or Ridiculousness than CNN.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    All the sources are identical, and annoying af, I don’t know about anyone else but just tell me what’s happened, it doesn’t need to be discussed ad nauseaum I am pretty sure if there was a channel that just gave you straight news and weather they’d do well , I don’t care about their political affiliations just straight up facts, I’m sure I can figure out how I feel about it without these personalities editorializing for me.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    A lot of people don't watch TV now a days. They view news on YouTube. Their phones...
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    MSNBC, CNN, Kimmel and Colbert are little more than sanctioned hate speech. Hate Republicans, hate conservatives, hate Christians, hate anyone who is not either a dyed in the wool leftist or useful idiot who blithely accepts anything the democrat party establishment tells them. People see this and have grown tired of it. The problem is that too few of these same people who have turned off the activist hate channels go elsewhere to educate themselves. Thus, the truth about Benghazi, Hunter Biden, Biden's dementia, Kamala's incompetence, the failed vaccines and anti-pandemic tyranny are not widely known.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I get my news from apps. USA Today Newser Vice - Vice is way left leaning (“how to enjoy sex if you’re autistic”) but they have a good article now and then although the majority of their articles I want nothing to do with. I also get a lot of my news from a strip club message board.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    25 - it's called the Wall Street Journal.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ OP was commenting on broadcast and cable news, the WSJ isn’t as bad as most, but they also editorialize in many of their stories often hidden but still there.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    My favorite news sites [view link]
  • yahtzee74
    2 years ago
    While Fox is the only conservative news channel, MSNBC and CNN have to split the leftists and MSNBC is the more successful one because they're more extreme about their propaganda.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Anything not right wing propaganda isn't wing propaganda to you
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion