tuscl
XXXV Gentleman's Club
7090 NJ-35 Sayreville, NJ 08879

Strip Club Owner, Wife, Son Charged With Money Laundering

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 3:20 PM
AYREVILLE, NJ — The owner of a Sayreville strip club, his wife and their son have all been charged with money laundering and other crimes. Several women and one man who worked at the club have also been charged with promoting prostitution, announced the Middlesex County Prosecutor. The strip club is Club XXXV, also known as Club 35, a well-known club on Rt. 35 in Sayreville. This is the same strip club where a very large, five-alarm fire broke out two years ago. However, the club has remained in business since the fire. Starting last year, the New Jersey Treasury Department and the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control launched a joint investigation into the club: In May of 2021, state investigators executed a search warrant there and they say evidence of prostitution was uncovered. Three of the strip club employees, Jeannine Nichols, Jennifer Hecker and Jason Portes, were charged with promoting prostitution. Find out what's happening in Matawan-Aberdeenwith free, real-time updates from Patch. Your email address Let's go! Hecker was also charged with the solicitation of prostitution as well as money laundering. Then, last Tuesday, June 14, state investigators executed several more search warrants at the home of the Acciardi family, which owns the club. Club owner Anthony Acciardi Sr., 58, of Freehold, his wife, Doreen Acciardi, 55, and their son, Anthony Acciardi Jr., 29, of Old Bridge, were all charged with first-degree money laundering, second-degree promoting organized street crime, third-degree promoting prostitution and other criminal offenses. All three have previously been identified in these legal filings as principal owners of the strip club. Finally, Angela Mancini, 32, of Colts Neck, was charged with first-degree money laundering and second-degree conspiracy. The arrests were announced Wednesday by Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone and Sayreville Police Chief John Zebrowski. The state said their investigation into Club XXXV (Club 35) is still active and continuing, and they still seek information. Anyone with information is asked to call Sergeant Jason Mader of the Sayreville Police Department at (732) 727-4444, Detective Shadi Zaiton of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-4263.

16 comments

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    Well there goes our best club
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Somebody didn't cut in the local police chief.
  • eros973
    2 years ago
    haters gona hate.. period
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    I'd be shocked if a lot more clubs in the northeast _weren't_ laundering money.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Most small businesses that accept cash payments are vulnerable to a money laundering charge, the key is to avoid the red flags that make you look like your mobbed up, and the government won’t go after you, unless you make it appear that a prosecution will be profitable.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    last post for now but "It began with a search warrant at Club 35 back in May 2021. Police say that led them to evidence of some employees promoting prostitution." seems similar to the note about Johnny A's. Police conduct thier business at one time and take a year to process it. Yikes @Muddy you are joking right? I have a quiet hatred for 35 club. I used to live closeby and lost a lot of money there because of the convenient location and not doing my research. 5 dollar fee for parking, 20 dollar entry, 6 dollar fee for drink, guy in the bathroom asking for tips. Did I mention you cant sit away from the stage because those seats are VIP and they want to force you to tip every dancer.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Na NJBalla at the end of the day I like trying to bang HOT girls. I would go weeknights, show a text for free admission and sit next to a tip the stage. And VIP was pretty affordable for our area $125 for 15 minutes pre CoVid now it’s a little more. Some pretty girls work there I think some the hottest in NJ and they got down. Not all easy on the eyes though.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    yo adrienne!!!!! i wonder where she'll wind up dancing if they decide to close this place for good
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Someone doing clean up. Good for high end customers
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    @muddy, My intel might be dated. I was a regular there for 2 years many years ago until I moved on. Like Johnny a's I wonder if its business as usual but i wouldnt be surprised if door fee was increased by 10 to help pay for the owners legal fees
  • PinkSugarDoll
    2 years ago
    My bestie is from this town and I asked her about this place and she said it’s always getting in trouble and always getting shut down. 🤔🤔🤔
  • K
    2 years ago
    ..."always getting shut down." I don't recall any time in the last several years it was shut down other than for covid and repairs after the fire. There were lawsuits by the town attempting to shut it down for being too close to a park and a school bus stop. If i recall correctly, all failed and the club never closed. The club currently known as Lust down the street was shut down several times over the last decade due to financial reasons and issues between the owners. 'My bestie is from this town" you should visit her hometown. the New Jersey PLs would be happy to welcome you
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    The issue with the Johnny A's owner came to mind - going after 2 different club-owners with serious charges.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... In May of 2021, state investigators executed a search warrant there and they say evidence of prostitution was uncovered ..." Nah you don't say - seems the club may be being targeted - perhaps the-powers-to-be have had their eye on the club's real-estate for a while - but who knows what may be going-on
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    N.J. strip club at center of ‘family-run prostitution ring,’ authorities say [view link] [view link] is one of those terrible sites that thinks I am going to shill out money for a monthly subscription but the article states one dancer made 110k a year but only reported 20k. What are they trying to do? Get these guys on a RICO style charge lol?
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I agree NJBalla about NJ dot com. The subscription crap started around the early days of Covid. It is annoying. This club seems to be real trouble, when compared to Johnny A and charges from a single dancer. The club may have had cash flow issues during the lockdowns, and possibly organizing a prostitution ring, May have helped to get some cash coming in? Maybe Jon Bon Jovi can clean things up! Isn’t he originally from Sayreville??
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion