tuscl

Durham NC 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Three people were seriously injured after gunfire erupted in the parking lot of a strip club on the eastern outskirts of Durham early Sunday morning, a Durham sheriff’s spokeswoman said. All three were taken to a local hospital in private vehicles for treatment following the shooting at about 3:30 a.m. at the Diamond Girls club at 3724 Angier Ave., sheriff’s spokeswoman AnnMarie Breen said in a news release. Witnesses told investigators a large group of people was involved in a disturbance in the club’s parking lot when the shooting began. Investigators found a large number of shell casings, causing them to close Angier Avenue to collect evidence. Investigators are reviewing surveillance video and continuing to interview witnesses, Breen said. Anyone with information is urged to call investigators at 919-560-0880 or the sheriff’s communications line at 919-560-0900.

3 comments

• wallanon
    2 years ago
    Been to this club, but not in a few years. Had a good time because the girl I found was fun and there was this bored (crazy?) customer who wouldn't stop talking to us. I don't dig it when dudes I don't know are in the middle of my space but he was pretty hilarious. The club itself seemed rough and is a little out of the way.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Use to go there for a while, many years back, when my long time fav, who I meet at another club, went back there. Larry the (then at least) owner, totally loved her, pretty sure in a just platonic way. He gave her a sweet deal on renting a house he owned near the club, which she kinda trashed.

This was were Crystal Mangum danced for a while. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacro… . I heard a story that she had a disagreement with a taxi driver customer, so she went outside and drove off with his cab.

I was there once when a bunch of pledges from a Duke frat came in. I was the only other white guy in there, so they clustered around me for a PLing 101 class. I unfortunately did not bring a bunch of little milk cartons to pass out.

It was definitely a modern, dolla dolla bill type place, but chill PLs. Nobody got all hey white boy, what chew doin uptown with me. On Fridays and Saturdays the stage regularly got fully carpeted with singles. And they generally had two stage dancers at a time, not sure how they didn't kill each other over dividing the $.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Crystal Mangum —. watch the ESPN 30 for 30

She’s in jail right now where she deserves to be
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion