tuscl

Announcer Shuffle

Joe Buck going to ESPN https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/joe-buck-e… following his best buddy Troy Aikman

Any thoughts? It’s amazing he’s called every World Series since 1996 and he’s only 52. And he called 6 Super Bowls. I used to not like him as much, he was kind of monotone, YouTube the David Tyree catch. He got better over the years though, but still I l would like to see different people do like the biggest games ever now. I’m surprised he left all that. His dad was one of the greats though.

I like Troy Aikman a good announcer imo. I wonder where Al Michaels goes now. I don’t watch sports as much as I used to and baseball is my thing but interesting to see some kind of possible changing of the guard that doesn’t seem to happen too much

12 comments

• shailynn
    3 years ago
    Everybody hates Joe Buck just like everyone hates Christian Laettner.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are boring as fuck but for some reason I like them. To me the best at the moment is Tony Romo, and Al Michaels, well Al Michaels is Al Michaels, a classic.

Rumor is Al is going to Amazon as they are supposed to exclusively have Thursday Night Football this year.

This Joe move is not surprising but a lot of sports writers thought it was a little head scratching because Fox has the rights for 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls. Joe is also probably giving up broadcasting for the World Series which is on Fox as well. To me Joe was originally better known baseball than football.

Side note Joe and Troy are close friends off camera so it makes sense you’d want to keep working with your friend.
  • Richard_Head
    3 years ago
    Where does Cris Collinsworth fit in to all this sifting around?
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    Never did like Joe Buck. Glad to see him move to ESPN, wouldn't pay for it before, sure not going to now.

And there are far more interesting than Aikman. Guy's who really take the time to explain how a guy is playing a certain position, and know because they've done it, always seem much more interesting. But I think the coverage on national broadcasts always seem to leave them out, I assume they want it dummied down more (i.e. Joe Buck level) for a broader audience.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    I'm fine with Buck. Love Al Michaels; he's the MNF voice I grew up with.

Gus Johnson is fantastic. But he calls a lot of Michigan games so I'm not sure I'd want him getting a bigger NFL assignment from Fox.

But the voice I want to hear doing baseball and hockey, is Gary freaking Thorne. When ESPN got hockey this season I hoped they'd bring him back...alas, their chick announcer is awful.

If you don't know the name Gary Thorne, you know the voice, the calls.

https://youtu.be/w8nZnN2Cb4k
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Yeah I’m a Gary Thorne fan, he was actually a Mets (my team) announcer for awhile.

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    And you got Kirk Herbstreit going to call NFL games now. He's knows alot about football obviously but he never played in the NFL. How many teams/players can you be an expert on? And not only that, he probably owns the most pathetic lol moment in sports history. https://youtu.be/EaW6vBOvLqA?t=119
  • Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    Joe Buck is an annoying overly serious melodramatic pain in the ass. Can't stand that blowhard.
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    IMO the best NFL play by play guy is Michaels, and best color guy is Collinsworth including because I always learn something from his analysis over course of game. Aikman and Romo are just OK, not terrible not great and pale in comparison to Collinsworth.

I hope wherever Michaels lands Collinsworth follows.
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    As for Buck, I find him solid but boring.
    The Buck and McCarver World Series coverage was a snoozefest to me.
    Jon Miller to me is best baseball play by play and him teaming with Joe Morgan for Sunday night baseball was the best matchup - there's color guys better than Morgan, but Miller-Morgan was a solid team.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    A lot of people don’t like Collinsworth but like it was said before I do like his insight on plays here and there.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I agree with Jon Miller definitely one of the great miss him on SNB
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Collinsworth is pretty-knowledgeable but he comes across as an ass-kisser company-man that would throw-you-under-the-bus if it would benefit him - I liked him at first but now not-so-much.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion