tuscl

2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) – An investigation is underway after a person was shot at a southeast Portland strip club early Friday morning.

Portland police responded around 2:20 a.m. to a reported shooting at Shimmers Gentlemen’s Club, located at 8000 Southeast Foster Road. At the scene, officers learned a shooting had taken place inside the strip club and the incident then spilled out into the parking lot. Evidence of gunfire was found in the club, in the parking lot and down the street, according to police. FOX 12 was told officers found bullet homes in a home across the street from the club.

A man at the club was shot in the leg, an injury that was described as non-life-threatening, and taken to a hospital. The victim has not been identified. No other injuries were reported. Police have not made any arrests and did not release any information about any suspects.

FOX 12 spoke with staff at the club, who said the first shots were fired about 2:15 a.m. as they were getting ready to close the club. According to employees, there were about 40 people in the club at the time when a woman took a gun out of her bra and fired two shots into a bathroom door while many were inside. After that, employees said people scattered and a shootout continued outside in the parking lot with the woman still firing her gun and at least one other person shooting a gun as well. Bullets were sprayed all over the place.

FOX 12 was told the club’s bartender and dancers hid, scared for their lives. Some of the dancers quit on the spot. According to staff, it is standard policy at Shimmers to pat down men when they come into the club, but not women. FOX 12 learned that will change, so from now on women will be patted down as well.

3 comments

• gSteph
    3 years ago
    Wow. Nooo. This club is walking distance from my daughter's home in Portland.
    Makes me glad I'm always safe in bed at 2am.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    Shimmers is what I consider a "gentleman's dive club". Foster Road is kinda ghetto so I'm not surprised that this happened.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    2nd 2AMer this year.

PORTLAND, Ore. (KPTV) – A shooting at a southeast Portland strip club left one man dead early on Sunday morning, according to the Portland Police Bureau.

Police said just after 2 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to Shimmers Gentlemens Club on Southeast Foster Road. When they arrived, they found a man that was dead.

Later on Sunday, PPB said it arrested 26-year-old Borissean T. Washington of Portland as the suspect. He was taken to the Multnomah County Jail on multiple charges.

The victim will be identified after an autopsy and the family is notified.

Police didn’t have information on what led to the shooting.

The homicide unit responded to investigate. They believe some witnesses may have left the club without speaking to police. If anyone has any information about this case, please contact Detective Brian Sims at [email protected] or (503) 823-2079 or Detective Tony Merrill at [email protected] or (503) 823-4033.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion