Columbia SC used to be great for Clubbing

BuckMcNutter
Do you have a little Italian in you?
What happened to the city? Platinum was a great place. There were over 1000 reviews. I know it burnt down but it was on the secline before then.
Went to Platinum West Saturday before the final 4, they were maybe 4 to 5 dancers and 6 customers
One might have been the fattest I had ever seen on stage. The others weren’t worth a conversation. I left after 30 minutes and a bottle of water. Not enough details to make a review.
It’s a college town. Where do all the hotties work?

3 comments

• shailynn
    4 years ago
    As a guy who travelled a lot (pre COVID) what you’re complaining about is all too common.

A random small town or not so small town had a kick ass club, for one of several various reasons it goes out of business, most would think another kick ass club would show up in its place, but it never happens.

5 years ago in my my small town there were 6 strip clubs open at one time, right before COVID hit the town was down to only 1. Local government didn’t push them out, there just wasn’t enough people to support 6 clubs.

Over the years I run into less and less “college girls” stripping. Yes there are plenty of girls working of the “college girl age” but they aren’t often IN college. Fat student loans (no need to work), the rise in popularity of sugar daddies, the chance of becoming a minor Instagram or TikTok celebrity has taken many of these potential strippers off the market/out of the club so to speak.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Platinum Plus and Heartbreakers both owned by the same group made a great one two punch but when the zoning laws got changed they were operating illegibly. An agreement was made with Richland County to let PP stay and shut down Heartbreakers. Platinum West was opened to replace Heartbreakers (Lexington County). About this time Follies in Atlanta started to take off and Deja Vu bought the 4 remaining Platinum Clubs. $30 dances replaced 2 for $20/30 and mileage dropped way off. Back in it's heyday dancers were driving from Charlotte, Charleston, Augusta, etc because the money was good. PP burned down and they could not get a building permit because of the zoning. Then along came the virus.

Follies is gone now too but no reason to drive 3+ hours to Columbia.
  • BuckMcNutter
    4 years ago
    well said by both players. Its just a shame. Columbia is not to far from my business and now its not worth stopping at. I would love to help with some student loans :)
    Maybe i need to look for them on SA or other sites.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion