tuscl

Elite 8

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Anyone watching tonight and tomorrow?

The games haven’t been very good this entire tourney with the exception of Texas/Texas AB and the Bama/UCLA last night.

17 comments

• Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Some years I’m glad I didn’t do a bracket - and this is one of those years.

The teams I wanted to win in the round of 16 - all lost - and the games were not close.

Bama UCLA was fun - but the OT was anticlimactic.

I was thinking Gonzaga would have trouble being a 1 seed and undefeated - but they haven’t had an issue yet.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Yeah, I"ll be watching. If you are a fan of the underdog, then this is your year. Never had this many double digit Seeds get this far. But this all going to end the next two nights. I think the Final Four will be three 1-Seeds and a 2-Seed. Two teams from Texas.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Warrior I hope you’re right with your final 4 prediction. If that happens I will win my bracket and a few $100 but everything has to go perfect.

Houston / Baylor / Michigan / Gonzaga.

Gonzaga / Baylor

Gonzaga

If that happens I win outright. Any deviation and I lose.

In other CBB news Skaka Smart had parted ways with Texas and Kruger had “retired” from Oklahoma. IMO these moves didn’t make as much noise as I thought they should have. Smart is now HC of Marquette.
  • grand1511
    3 years ago
    That Oral Roberts/Arkansas game Saturday night was pretty darn good, too. I think Bill Walton must have had a basketball induced orgasm after the UCLA win yesterday. It would be nice to see Gonzaga complete a perfect season, especially with all the extra hurdles this year.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ grand
    I agree. I'm not a big fan of any team still in it, but it would be cool to see a perfect season. Last time was Indiana in '76 I think. So I'll be rooting for Gonzaga.
  • magicrat
    3 years ago
    I watched the last minute of the UCLA/Alabama game and I'm sorry I did. Why do these teams foul down 11 with 10 seconds to play?
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    They seem to think they’re going to wail off 3 - 3 pointers in a row with 11 seconds left although they went 4 for 25 on 3s during the game.

That’s one thing I like about the NBA - when it’s over it’s over and nobody’s trying to do stupid shit, just dribble it out.
  • azdd
    3 years ago
    Not watching the men at all, enjoying the women’s tourney, Go AZ Lady Cats, Bear Down!
  • lick-that
    3 years ago
    Go ZAGS
  • Cristobal
    3 years ago
    My mind says Gonzaga is the best team but my heart will root for USC tomorrow night.

Fight On!
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Houston is in. Old timers remember when this school got there every year... I"m one of those.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    ^ Houston had some great runs with Phi Slamma Jamma! Those were great teams.
  • PredragDr
    3 years ago
    I want USC and UCLA to both make the final four due to my PAC 12 pride, but it will be unlikely. Michigan is the only school remaining that is East of the Mississippi.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^ I like that play. I got screwed last night - thought Oregon state could actually score 24 points first half after I teased it down. Nope. Didn’t happen.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’ve been starved for college basketball for such a long time - I’ve started watching the women’s tournament - and when they show it I’ve watched the men’s division 2 games. The women play some impressive games.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Okay, 49-30 at the half. Gonzaga is going all the way.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Big 10 is OUT. UCLA, Gonzaga, Houston and Baylor. Mick Cronin is doing a masterful job at UCLA. Sorry Shailynn.

I'm gonna say the Zags and the Coogs in the finals. No power conferences in this final. And even though I love my Coogs, the Zags got too much fire power. Gonzaga will become the first undefeated champion in many moons.

How did some private school in Eastern Washington become a basketball power ?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion