tuscl

Doubt it's a strip club.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Drove by the club at 1:30 on 3/23/21 and it was not open. There were 3 or 4 vehicles including a U-haul truck around the entrance. I doubt that this place is more than a black night club on week end nights.

10 comments

• Garfield84
    3 years ago
    I’m not sure about that. I got this girl IG that works there. DMing you it now
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Hard to say - pretty-much nothing about this club has been posted on TUSCL and it has zero-reviews.

Could be a club that was only open a short time and closed and the TUSCL page remained up (or maybe it was supposed to open but never did but a TUSCL page was created anyway)?

I assume this club is a take on Miami's previously-famous King of Diamonds - thus I assume it'd be a make-it-rain nightclub(ish) party-club and these tend to only be open at night and sometimes just a few nights like Thursdays - Saturdays.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I read on another site that a beer was $10 on the day shift. He thought that was too high. So I decided to check it out today to see if it was in fact open as a strip club on the day shift. I arrived about 2PM. There were several guys going in and out of the entrance. I asked one if the club was open. He said "No. That they were just getting things set up. That entertainers wouldn't be here until around 5PM". He also told me that I could go in and look around. So I did and it is truly a beautiful club. But I have to revert to my original thinking that this is mostly just a night club.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Is this where the Crazy Horse used to be?
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    NO. It was originally Pink Pony South. 2 story. 29,000+ sq ft.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Rumors is where the Crazy Horse Saloon used to be.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    This is the place I was thinking of. It was in the same area. It was also a nice, upscale two-story club, but only lasted a few months: https://tuscl.net/review.php?id=287419
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    There are some recent Google reviews but most of them talk about the weekend brunch they have - only noticed one Google review that was a nightshift review and apparently a strip club but I only skimmed the Google reviews
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I think this is correct explanation of what took place. The key word being "I think" :)

Back in 2010 Galardi Corp owned Pink Pony, Onyx, Goldrush, Pink Pony South and the Crazy Horse Saloon. The last 2 being in Forest Park.
    The original Crazy horse Saloon was located at 3950 Jonesboro RD. They built a new one at 3953 Jonesboro RD. The pink Pony was at 4730 Frontage rd. The city shut both clubs down.

in 2012 the city allowed them to reopen but only at 2 locations as strip clubs. A manager bought the original Crazy Horse Saloon at 3950 Jonesboro Rd and renamed it Rumors. The other location at 3953 became a bar/restaurant.

Pink Pony South Reopened at 4730 Frontage rd as Horse Play but failed. Was sold and reopened as Venue Night Club and failed. It was sold and renamed Kind of Diamonds. Since it's reopening it has never been clear as to whether it is a night club or a strip club.

This South Expy address appears to be incorrect.
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    thanks for the summary Shadowcat.

Galardi went thru years of turmoil after opening PPS.

it seems the forest park city council went thru some changes and the widow or ex-wife of one of the city council members went on a tirade and the council drafted an ordinance at the time to shut down liquor and nudity in the same club. Galardi had the only strip clubs in forest park.

while in litigation, the forest park police would set up traffic stops on frontage road for alcohol breathalyzer tests, and they would frequently come into the club with the premise that they were doing permit checks.

the managers at PPS doomed their own club by featuring an hourly 'shooter review' forcing the dancers onto the stage with test tube watered-down shooters to sell with two table dances.

the dancers were required to sell the shooters/dances and if not, pay the club the $12 for the unsold shooter.
    this disrupted the clubs flow the entire night, and forced the dancers into paying the club $12 each every hour there was a shooter review.

also, the club didn't do any advertising, even when it was still open and pouring during the litigation.

the dancers were not making any money and most decided to quit.

years later, when the economy was in the toilet, Forest Park needed the money and invited these clubs to re-open.

none of the ordinances and attention to the clubs would have happened had the former manager of the crazy horse not betrayed galardi by attempting to open his own club nearby.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion