tuscl

OT: Bezos, Who Owns Amazon And WaPo, Might Buy CNN, Report Says

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
According to FOX Business, bankers are speculating that the world’s richest man, Jeff Bezos, who owns Amazon.com and the Washington Post, may be interested in purchasing CNN.

Although such a purchase would cost a reported $10 billion, Bezos is worth an estimated $193 billion, so he can afford it. A person close to Bezos denied the rumor, telling The Daily Mail, “There has been zero talk on this.”

CNN is owned by AT&T; “AT&T, which bought Time Warner for $85 billion in 2016, has been saddled with tens of billions of debt, and its shares have fallen by more than 31 percent this year,” The Daily Mail noted. A banker told FOX that AT&T is shying away from “controversial'” content; the banker added, “No one really has qualms about Turner Classic Movies, but CNN is a lightning rod and you know why, particularly with Republicans.”

Rich Greenfield of LightShed Partners speculated that other potential buyers of CNN include CBS News (ViacomCBS) and NBC News (Comcast). He stated, “It’s not shocking to see this corporation want less exposure to the news (division) but I’m a little surprised CNN would be the only asset to be sold given they have a much stronger digital platform than the rest of Turner’s properties.”

Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) had a blunt response to the rumor that Bezos might purchase CNN: “One word to this: No.”

“In a possible Joe Biden administration, and if Democrats take control of the U.S. Senate, Bezos may have a freer hand to pursue acquisitions like CNN even with growing angst from Democratic progressives over big tech’s dominance of business and culture,” FOX Business opined.

Bezos’ Washington Post, which routinely attacks conservatives and lionizes Democrats, issued an editorial earlier this month from its editorial board in which they defended Twitter and Facebook’s impulse to suppress the Hunter Biden revelations that could hurt the presidential chances of his father.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bezos-who…

9 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Given the way CNN is losing viewership, I'm surprised they think it's worth that much.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    CNN's shift to opinion news has been an abysmal failure. Hardcore republicans want to watch Fox News Channel. Hardcore communists want to watch MSNBC. What few moderate democrats are left watch CNN, but are turned off by hacks like Lemon and Cuomo. CNN should fire the hacks and move to an unbiased, middle-of-the-road, straight news reporting. Once established and proven to be reporting facts only, I think they could start capturing the largest market share. If they succeed in that role, they may pull FNC and MSNBC to the center, which in turn could help us get more moderate candidates.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I agree with gammanu95. A change in ownership - and a shake up - could work well for CNN. If the reporting moves back to facts - it might work well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Bezos is a pretty far-left guy from Seattle - he owns the Washington Post (WaPo) which has printed a good # of far-left shit - he also hates Trump w/ a passion and tries to go after Trump any chance he gets - I also wonder if Trump is in office if he'd try to somehow block the purchase by Bezos since they are mortal enemies - if Bezos buys CNN I get the feeling CNN will go more left than it currently is; especially if Trump is in office.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Trump said he would go after Bezos. 4 years later, I 'm still waiting. Very disappointing.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    The biggest problem I have with Amazon and Bezos is that everything is made in China. I know that's why it is so cheap, but I go nuts trying to buy something not made in China. Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, I do not care, but not China!
    Maybe Bezos will outsource CNN to China, then we won't even need to worry about it. They wouldn't even have to change the acronym.

I thought the senate would be introducing a bill requiring online retailers to list the country of manufacture PROMINENTLY on the product listing. Of course, the house has been more interested in wasting time on witchhunts and false allegations, so Pelosi would have never brought it up for a vote.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    since cnn already appears to be far left anyway wouldn't bezos be wasting his money buying them?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Imagine if Bezos decided to buy Fox News - LOL
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    There are already efforts to turn Fox News left since Roger Ailes passed away. That would be a body blow to our nation.

Imagine if all mainstream and cable news channels were one big echo chamber-no dissent, no contrary opinions, no questioning the narrative. I could not imagine a worse scenario.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion