tuscl

1 dead, 3 injured in Chicago 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- A police officer's son was fatally shot early Wednesday morning and three others were wounded, including two security guards, at a strip club in south suburban Harvey.

The shooting began about 2:10 a.m. inside the Boogie Nights club in the 14700 block of South Wood Street and then moved outside, Harvey Police Chief Greg Thomas said in a statement. Two of the wounded were guards.

Richard Wilson, a witness who spoke to WBBM Newsradio, said it looked to him like a random shooting. Someone across the street started firing at the Boogie Nights strip club and a gas station at 147th and Wood in Harvey.
Wilson was at the gas station, which was hit by bullets.

“I heard gunshots and I turned around and they were shooting at everybody on this side of the street. My window got busted out. My car was hit about four or five times.”

Four people were hit outside the strip club.

“They shot this whole area up,” Wilson said. “It was more than 15 shots. No one out here was the intended target. It was just a random shooting.”

Outside the club, a 25-year-old man. son of a Harvey Police Officer, was fatally shot. He was dead at the scene.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office identified him as Diovonni D. Keel. He lived in Harvey.

Three others who were hit, including two security guards, ran into the club and were found there when police arrived. Their conditions are not known.

Thomas said additional details would be issued later Wednesday.

7 comments

• aussiehinz
    4 years ago
    This is the former “Arnie’s Idle Hour.”
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - the old Arnie's - club has an infamous rep - there's been shootings and murders here before - the former mayor used to get payments from the club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    This incident sounded familiar - I'm pretty sure this is an old story of an incident that happened in 2019.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Papi - the former mayor of Chicago accepting payments from a strip club - you are going to need to be more specific than that. :)
  • FLAP3000
    4 years ago
    Yes, this happened in like March of last year maybe.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ here's the story its an old one https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/3/6/18…
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    But it was at 2 AM :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion