tuscl

Hurricane season.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Normally runs from June to November but earlier ones have happened in April and May. The initial outlook calls for a more than normal season. This could be problematic if we get one before we get COVID-19 under control. Stay in place or evacuate? To where?

6 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Makes you wonder what the fuck is happening?
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I just had a conversation about this yesterday. My grandparents that are in their late 80's usually fly up and stay with me whenever a hurricane is headed towards Florida just in case. They were in their home that was destroyed when Hurricane Andrew hit and while neither were seriously injured their neighbor was paralyzed and my grandmother practically has a panic attack every time one heads in her direction but refuses to move out of Florida. My grandpa said he doesn't know what they will do if a storm comes while they are still under a stay at home order.
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    The stay at home order will be suspended.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    sc,

Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. :) One of my to do things this week is to make sure the generator is running and ready to go.
    No one in S. Florida doesn't know when hurricane season starts other than newbies.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I'd been thinking about this also. Here in CA, a lot of the covid19 prep overlaps with earthquake prep, so ironically, for the first time ever most people are prepared for a major earthquake and weeklong disruption of supplies. Fleeing a hurricane presents an entirely different problem
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    It’s a funny situation most Floridians that have been her a while are pretty well prepared for a hurricane, but there’s always a few lazy ones that cause the most problems and the majority of the problems are after the storm for most, I know about the situation in the Bahamas but here in the US mainland the aftermath is the problem mostly
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion