Updating club details for club closures.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I started to send updates to Founder when there were 5 clubs in my area that had been publicly reported as closed but now realize that doing so would overwhelm Founder and serve no purpose as most clubs are closed anyhow. It will be months before we really know which clubs are permanently closed.

6 comments

• goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    I would suggest someone post a review for the club stating it is closed and folks should approve those.
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    PLs can post COVID-19 'closed until further notice' comments under each club's discussion area.
    They'll show up on the all discussions: front room page; PLs worried that others may miss announcement can 'bump' comment.
    Too early to perform final rites w/o more info.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Most clubs around the country are closed, so not really worth it to start declaring them all closed on TUSCL, especially since it's a temporary thing - if anything only the clubs that are still open should be mentioned
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    Good Point Papi - Change my rec to post "Still Open 4 Business - date/time"
  • Cheo_D
    5 years ago
    True on the later bit, Jabberwock, insofar as public health measures... not much to do about that. As to the licenses it seems in most locked-down locations so far there is also simultaneously an extension on license renewals other non-urgent transactions during the immediate stage.
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    Locally [KCMO] city is on 'stay at home' and extensions/delays have been granted in terms of business licensing.

Here, for the most part, club locations are restricted by SOB zoning. Most, but not all, SCs are non-alcohol clubs.
    Liquor license irrelevant but SOB zoning makes it nearly impossible to start/build a club in a NEW location.
    Existing clubs have a powerful motive for retaining their zoning-based licenses. Once lapsed in current atmosphere they'd be difficult to reinstate even by current owner/operator.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion