tuscl

$16 for a burger at the Super Bowl.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, February 3, 2020 5:16 AM
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — After shelling out thousands of dollars for tickets to Super Bowl LIV, fans of the 49ers and Chiefs will have to shell out quite a bit more to grab a bite or a drink at Hard Rock Stadium. A burger? That’s $16. A personal pizza or a bucket of popcorn? That’s $15 a pop. A double cocktail? That’ll run you $24. The prices are a return to reality after fans were spoiled during last year’s Super Bowl in Atlanta, which prides itself on offering the most affordable prices for concessions. A burger at that game cost just $5. But Miami is no Atlanta. The food menu is costly no matter what you’re looking for. A chicken sandwich is $14. A hot dog is $12. Nachos are $9. Want some cheese with that? That’ll be $3 extra. One of the many concessions stands at Hard Rock Stadium for the Super Bowl. One bright spot – a 32-ounce soft drink costs $15, but those come with free refills. Things get even more pricey at the dozens of stands selling beer, wine and cocktails. A glass of wine is $13. A can of domestic beer is $14, an imported one is $15, and the big boy – a 19.2-ounce can of premium beer – is $18. A basic cocktail will run you $18, but many will likely opt for the double, which is only $6 more.

5 comments

• IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    Those prices weren't much higher than normal for Hard Rock.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ If you actually went to the super bowl chances are good that you didn't pay for anything yourself including the entry tickets, or food and/or beverages, the majority of the people at the event were comped or corporate sponsors, I read some place that less than 10% of all attendees went on their own dime.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Better have all the fucking fixins then
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Almost as good a deal as as the airport.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Not surprised - most touristy things will nail tourists - I haven't been in a long time but food inside Disney was also significantly overpriced if I recall
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion