tuscl
Player's Gentlemen's Club
13710 E 8 Mile Rd Detroit, MI 48205

Tip Out Rates and Fees for here and Legends

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 1:44 AM
Worked here twice. Would recommend to other entertainers who don't want to work in an extras club. This is the sister club to Legends, located in downtown Detroit. It's much smaller and more intimate. I'm going to write this out regarding both clubs though. First of all, a City of Detroit cabaret license is needed to work at both of these clubs. If you don't have one and don't want to have an agent, I actually have a Google document with clear step by step instructions on how to obtain the license. It also includes a copy of the application. The license costs a little less than $170 total and is good up until your next birthday. If you want to have an agent, they can take you to get your license for a small varying fee. Neither of these clubs will let you audition without having this license though. Players is about the size of Legends' first main floor. There is one long stage and a side stage in front of a large screen TV. VIP is small cubicles with walls up to about 3 feet high on the second level. This is a strict no extras club. A lot of customers ask and I've heard that some girls try to get away with it. I was told one of two things could happen: you're fired on the spot if you're caught or the bouncer will stop your extras and stand there to make sure there's no more of that going on for the remainder of your time in vip. Also, they are only couch dances. There is no real "VIP". There is a house mom who provides food, outfits for sale, and hygiene stuff (mouthwash, hair stuff, deodorant, etc). Players has a day shift every day except Sunday. Tip out at Players: $10 house mom $20 DJ $7 valet $50 freelance fee (only if not on schedule) $25 house fee (paid *ONLY* if you do a dance $10 every half hour late fee after 7pm if not on time for stage review; this does not apply to day shift (but all other fees and tip outs do) $100 leave early fine $50 missed shift fee (if on schedule) There were 22 girls on Friday and 24 on Saturday. Players has 6 final dance songs post 2am review and there was never a line for VIP on either night. Players seems to be the more mature version of Legends with more experienced entertainers and fewer millennial customers. Legends: I've gone back to Legends a few times when visiting. I've reviewed Legends in the past based off of when it was an extras club without curtains. VIP cubicles are the same, except in a straight line. There are only 9 VIP cubicles, and lines for VIP are very common, limiting potential income. Legends also does not have final dance songs after 2am review. There are six stages with two stages per floor (three floors). Legends is also strict about no extras. You will be fired on the spot if caught. And girls will snitch to management. (In my personal opinion, Legends has become an extremely whorephobic club and there is a lot of slut shaming and extras bashing. This club was run by extras girls at one point.) This club seems to be oversaturated with baby strippers. (Personally, I hate and cannot stand baby strippers and find them completely and utterly annoying.) You can expect there to be about 60 or more entertainers on Fridays and Saturdays. Anywhere from 20-40 Sun-Thur. There's a house mom with the same stuff. One of the house moms also works at Truth. She custom makes outfits and sells them. The bouncers here seem to care little about dancer safety. A lot of girls complain about speaking up and the bouncers doing nothing. Stage rain here used to be a common thing and honestly isn't as popular as it once was. It still happens, but only for certain girls. Sometimes a uniformed officer will hangout here. They are not vice and nothing to worry about. They're just "checking along their patrol". Legends tip out: $10 house mom $20 DJ $16 valet $50 freelance fee (only if not on schedule) $45 house fee (if you do a dance) $25 house fee (if you do NOT do any dances; yes, you're paying even if you don't make money) $10 every half hour late fee after 7pm if not on time for stage review; this does not apply to Friday day shift (but all other fees and tip outs do) $100 leave early fine $50 missed shift fine (if on schedule) Friday is the only day shift. Legends has weird hours. 5pm open Mon-Thur, noon open Friday, and 6pm open Sat/Sun. Late fees start at those times (7pm on Fridays). Entertainers who come in and are on time at 5pm Mon-Thur can leave at midnight if desired without penalty or a fine. Legends seems to have more of a younger, barhopping crowd. It's common for the place to get busy on the weekends as it ends up being a final destination to a bar hop. Bouncers at neither club seem to care about customers taking pictures of dancers while on stage. Some managers work at both clubs, while a few managers are exclusive to one or the other. If an entertainer is hired and on schedule at one club, they are automatically hired and welcome to work at the other club, too. Table dances are not allowed at either club. Entertainers have to have their tops on and their rear ends completely covered when moving stage to stage and rotation or when walking anywhere on the floor. This is all in the ordinance and I'm happy to reshare the link for it if desired. I'm happy to answer specific questions not covered above based off of my own experience.

9 comments

• wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    *** both clubs allow you to be automatically skipped out of stage rotation if in a dance without a financial penalty (unlike per my FC review), but only if not already called by the DJ in the immediate 3 song away queue. Otherwise it's a $20 skip fee.
  • DrStab
    4 years ago
    Thanks for “pulling back the curtains” on these establishments. Thanks again for your perspectives.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    This is an interesting report. Dancers will find it useful, and I just like seeing the clubs from a dancer's point of view. Nice work, Waffle.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the info. Are the licenses good for all Detroit clubs or are they specific to a club? Are licenses also required in the suburb clubs outside Detroit city limits?
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    The licenses are good for the club's in the city limits. The ordinance rules do not apply to the suburban clubs. Clubs not affected: FC, LS, Criket, Subi's, Playhouse, Traffic Light, Deja Vu, BT's, Bogarts, both Henry's. (I think I named all of the suburban ones...)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    👍
  • marty_mcfly
    4 years ago
    Very interesting. I don't know if many dancers will use this, but seems like a fantastic resource for them. And also for the PLs for general perspective on dancer/SC economics. Thanks for sharing.
  • Cece
    4 years ago
    Thank you so much this has helped a lot Have you worked at any of the Dearborn/inkster clubs like Henry’S or BtS just trying to get a general idea on how much tip out is there before I go so I can save up for my licensing for Detroit clubs
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^ask yo mammma
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion