tuscl

Atlanta 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
shooting inside a ride-share vehicle sent multiple people running across the Downtown Connector early Tuesday morning, Channel 2 Action News reported.

About five to six people were taking an SUV from the Diamond Club, a strip club on Northside Drive, when the gunfire rang out, Atlanta police told Channel 2. A 21-year-old man was shot multiple times.

Kristen Holloway

@KHollowayWSB
UPDATE: 21yr old man was shot in an SUV. About 5-6 people took an Uber from the strip club Diamond. There was an altercation in the car & someone in the car fired shots. They all jumped out on the interstate and ran. Uber driver came to the four seasons to call police. @wsbtv https://twitter.com/khollowaywsb/status/…

Kristen Holloway

@KHollowayWSB
BREAKING: A man was shot in midtown on I-75 South just past Northside drive. Police say after he was shot, he got out of the car and ran across both lanes on I-75 and then ended up running the wrong way on I-75/I-85. Stay with WSB for u

The ride-share driver immediately stopped the SUV on I-75, prompting the passengers to jump out of the vehicle and run across the southbound lanes, police Capt. William Ricker told Channel 2. “He wasn't sure, obviously, what was going on behind him,” he said. “Once everybody jumped out and ran, he saw a gun inside the car and blood, and then he drove off the interstate and called the police.”

Crime scene technicians were called to the Four Seasons Hotel to collect evidence from the bullet-riddled SUV.

The driver pulled over at the Four Seasons Hotel on 14th Street to call for help, he said. Crime scene technicians were called to the hotel to collect evidence from the bullet-riddled SUV. Police are still trying to track down the other occupants of the vehicle. The victim ended up at Grady Memorial Hospital, where he is being treated for gunshot wounds to his arms and legs.

He is stable, according to police.

3 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    That's kinda an odd one - perhaps they were drunk from the club and got into it?
  • Tiburon
    5 years ago
    THe uber driver was probably from the hood. No way a regular dude would have been in a gunfight and got out unharmed and successfully called the cops. Big ups to the Uber driver for pushing forward.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Plaxico Burress and his buddies - Antonio Pierce - hitting clubs in Ga.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion