tuscl

Lauderhill 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
man was shot during a night out at a Lauderhill strip club around 2:30 a.m. Sunday and later died from his wounds.

Lauderhill police responding to 911 calls arrived to a chaotic scene with patrons running from the club in a panic, said Lt. Michael Santiago.

Detectives are still tracking down details on the suspect and the victim, Santiago said.

The victim, whose name and age were not yet made public early Sunday afternoon, was taken to Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale where he died from his injuries.

antiago could not say how many shots were fired or where the victim was hit.

CLUB 54
A Lauderhill Police Department guards the entrance of Club 54 in Lauderhill, Sunday, Feb. 24, 2019. A man who was shot at the location on West Broward Blvd. later died from his injuries after having been transported to a hospital. (Joe Cavaretta / South Florida Sun Sentinel) (Joe Cavaretta / Sun Sentinel)
Here’s what police do know: Between 2:30 a.m. and 3 a.m., officers responded to 3125 West Broward Blvd. after getting calls about a shooting. They raced inside the club and found a man seriously wounded inside.

“The initial investigation suggests that there was an altercation inside the location; a fight ensued then shots rang out,” Santiago said.

“You can only imagine the chaotic scene,” he said. “When they get there they see people running out. The run inside and they discover this male.”

The club, now a crime scene, was closed Sunday while investigators collected evidence. Santiago said he was not sure when it would reopen.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477 or Sgt. Brian Hardy at 954-497-4700.

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    This is a weird strip club - didn't know it was still open - when it first opened it had a fair # of dancers but I think they don't have the permits to operate as a strip club bc the girls although they wear stripper outfits they can't take them off which is a rare oddity in SoFlo - after initial fanfare when it first opened, most of the time there were hardly any dancers.

This is not the first time a shooting has occurred at this location and why I was surprised it was still open given that it sucks as a SC to begin with.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    I passed by that place last week and wondered if it was still open. Something tells me it might not be after this.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Hmmmm....... Strip club where the girls never take off their clothes. I might pull out a gun also.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Hmm - they just reported the incident on my local late-night news - supposedly it started with a fight - SMH
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion